chassis saver vs. salt

I've never used it, but I used to help my dad do the underside of his truck with used motor oil. He would thin it out with some kerosene and spray it all under the truck before the first snow fall. That old Ford lasted a long time, and the oil would usually be almost gone by the spring time.

The only sure defense against salt is to never let your truck touch it. :(

Make sure you wash the area boxed in right above the rear wheelwells. Stuff gets trapped up there and rots the fenders from the inside out. Same with the front to a lesser degree.

Make sure you wash the area boxed in right above the rear wheelwells. Stuff gets trapped up there and rots the fenders from the inside out. Same with the front to a lesser degree.

I don't think ive owned a vehicle with more nooks and crannies for stuff to collect then my MJ.

I don't think ive owned a vehicle with more nooks and crannies for stuff to collect then my MJ.

The good news is, once it rots, everything falls out the holes. :D

The good news is, once it rots, everything falls out the holes. :D

Brilliant! It's a built in self-preservation feature to slow the tide. That (combined with all the oil that our trucks leak) must have been Jeep's plan all along. :yes:

Brilliant! It's a built in self-preservation feature to slow the tide. That (combined with all the oil that our trucks leak) must have been Jeep's plan all along. :yes:

Its odd for an auto manufacture to care so much about its customers :cheers: thanks AMC :banana: