Project "Without a Clue"

Not sure what I'm going to do here. Picked up this $250 1990 Eliminator 4x4 with the 4.0/ax-15 shortbox a few months back, and plan on turning this into a rig for my daughter. I had a long box last year, but ran out of room and sold it off (it was 2wd anyway).

Initial ideas are a 4" lift, larger tires, spacers, 97+ front, paint....the usual stuff I might never get around to doing. :roll: The thing runs great though.....and it's fast.

ry%3D400

I went with white on my truck, I tried searching for pics of other trucks that color but didn't find hardly any. White looks awesome but definitely hard to keep clean even when it's not wheeled in the dirt.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16453

That's cool you're building this truck for your daughter. Wish my Dad were so understanding when he was alive. He never did get the jeep thing. :???:

I went with white on my truck, I tried searching for pics of other trucks that color but didn't find hardly any. White looks awesome but definitely hard to keep clean even when it's not wheeled in the dirt.

That's cool you're building this truck for your daughter. Wish my Dad were so understanding when he was alive. He never did get the jeep thing. :???:

Your MJ looks nice white definitely a good color, mines either going to be white or orange so far leaning towards white, I looked at a lot of forums to see colors but none that caught my eye, I was also thinking using the same color as my XJ, 1973 metallic pearl blue, since I'm painting it myself no metallic or pearl I don't even know if the finish paint will come out good.

Your MJ looks nice white definitely a good color, mines either going to be white or orange so far leaning towards white, I looked at a lot of forums to see colors but none that caught my eye, I was also thinking using the same color as my XJ, 1973 metallic pearl blue, since I'm painting it myself no metallic or pearl I don't even know if the finish paint will come out good.

White is the best color for any vehicle that isn't perfectly straight bodied. It hides body flaws, and it hides paint imperfections. It's not easy to spray, because you can't see the shine laying out well, but can be worth it for being so forgiving in other aspects.

This is not my .02. These are facts.

I am going to try since I have test fenders to practice on but if I have trouble with it my brothers friend owns a body shop and he will paint it for me, lol white hides flaws awesome the amount of bondo on the bed needs some thing that won't show it bad.

I have a friend that is a decent painter but for some reason he struggles to shoot white,seems most of the time he ends up with a track meet(bad runs).

I do agree it does hide alot

:yes: I think all painters struggle with white to some extent.

Not sure what I'm going to do here. Picked up this $250 1990 Eliminator 4x4 with the 4.0/ax-15 shortbox a few months back, and plan on turning this into a rig for my daughter. I had a long box last year, but ran out of room and sold it off (it was 2wd anyway).

Initial ideas are a 4" lift, larger tires, spacers, 97+ front, paint....the usual stuff I might never get around to doing. :roll: The thing runs great though.....and it's fast.

ry%3D400

does she like the color pink?

I think I could pull off the blue I posted, and have it look good. The pink, well....lemme just post something that was posted on the Mercedes forum to make a point:

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/1244348683.html

:ack:

I like that blue since my xj was/is blue I want to stay away from that color.

Pink that wouldn't look good at all even if it is a females rig.

Well, strike one. The Cherokee that I found for $200 that was supposed to be the elusive 2.5 4cyl auto with the tow package, and possibly 4.56 gears and maybe even a Dana 44......

Turned out to be a 4.0 6 cylinder auto, after a 300km trip. Little pissed about that one, but hey...move along and keep looking I guess. :dunno:

Well, strike one. The Cherokee that I found for $200 that was supposed to be the elusive 2.5 4cyl auto with the tow package, and possibly 4.56 gears and maybe even a Dana 44......

Turned out to be a 4.0 6 cylinder auto, after a 300km trip. Little pissed about that one, but hey...move along and keep looking I guess. :dunno:

That stinks, guess some people can not tell the difference between a V block vs a straight block, I know its hard since they look so much alike, just kidding. myself I would have been pissed

My 87 MJ is not the bright white of later years but more of a creamy white. I understand instead of blue mixed in to the white that they did in later years to get "bright white" it had a touch of yellow. When I repaint mine, it will be it's stock color.

I was a little pissed, but what can you do. "4 cylinder" should not mean "4.0 litre"....guess I ask for a picture of the engine next time. :nuts:

Not trying to be rude the way I say this but .... Lesson learned for some people that are new to Jeeps of any kind, always ask and ask for pics before driving long distances and getting mad it wasn't what you thought. Pics are the tell all about it being a 2.5 or 4.0, Dana 44 or 35. some people selling stuff don't know their a$$ from their elbow.

My 87 MJ is not the bright white of later years but more of a creamy white. I understand instead of blue mixed in to the white that they did in later years to get "bright white" it had a touch of yellow. When I repaint mine, it will be it's stock color.

Do you have the color code for your white? I am now thinking that I don't want a regular white but off white.

Sorry not trying to high jack your thread.

You're exactly right....getting pics ahead of time of everything would have made sense.

And not trying to be rude the way I say this either, but I'm sure you guys could be using PM's to ask about each other's paint jobs. lol :D

Sometimes you have to take a chance,sometimes it works out sometimes it doesnt.

When i found my MJ it was about an hour away,the ad said

"84 Jeep fourbyfour pickup runs and drives $400",and they had no pics.

I got curious and it worked out good for me.

Unless you want to pay the higher prices of the people who know what they have,you kinda just have to gamble with the people who don't.

Do you have the color code for your white? I am now thinking that I don't want a regular white but off white.

Sorry not trying to high jack your thread.

I'm not sure where it is on a jeep. Is it in the VIN? If so, which one?

Nevermind! :clapping: I found a thread that told me where to find it. The code is 9B and is called Olympic White according to automotivetouchup.com. And, you can access pics of my MJ at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2095444

You can't tell too much on the color, but you will be able to tell it is not a real bright white.