Wiper problems...

Hey guys...my wipers are not working right..when I turn them on they go up half way on my windshield and stop..I think it may have something to do with this fuse(?) on the bottom of the fuse box..here's a few pics..

That's not a fuse. That's a self resetting circuit breaker. If that's for the wipers and causing the problem, the wiper motor is pulling too many amps. Might want to take stuff apart and grease the joints.

thanks..but I forgot to add that the circuit breaker is broke..the pins rusted off and i can hear some stuff moving around inside it. Know any quick fixes? The parts store near me didn't have it.

65 amps?

I don't think so. Maybe 6-point-5 amps? I'm not at home so I can't check my FSM, but 65 amps would require about 8-gauge or 6-gauge wiring to the wiper motor and switch, and I KNOW it ain't that big.

Ok so...I found a circuit breaker...it is a 4.5amp one and not 6.5amp but I tried it anyway...and its the same lol..still my wipers will barely move, I'm starting to think its the motor now :dunno:

No, the wiper is a 4.8 amp circuit breaker.

(And Yes Eagle, I checked the FSM)

PM JTDesign, he just had to chase one down, and maybe can put you in the direction for it.

This is correct, it is a 4.8 amp breaker, and they are hard to find. If someone had a 6.5 in there--while possible, but not likely--it may have caused damage to the motor.

Your problem sounds to me like it is either in the motor itself, or there are broken bushings in the linkage. Time to pull the cowl cover and have a look.

PM JTDesign, he just had to chase one down, and maybe can put you in the direction for it.

This is correct, it is a 4.8 amp breaker, and they are hard to find. If someone had a 6.5 in there--while possible, but not likely--it may have caused damage to the motor.

Your problem sounds to me like it is either in the motor itself, or there are broken bushings in the linkage. Time to pull the cowl cover and have a look.

Yea I pulled it off..and it looks like its binding..but I didnt have to much time to play with it since I needed to use the jeep to help my cousin move..now I have bigger problems though..after coming home yesterday some oil blew out somewhere and I cannot figure out where its leaking from.. :wall:

Yea I pulled it off..and it looks like its binding..but I didnt have to much time to play with it since I needed to use the jeep to help my cousin move..now I have bigger problems though..after coming home yesterday some oil blew out somewhere and I cannot figure out where its leaking from.. :wall:

Use Rain-X on the windshield. You'll hardly ever need the wipers. Clean the glass, apply the Rain-X per the instructions, and renew it once a week.

How do you know it blew oil out? Do you see drips? If so, where?

Could be blowing back into the air cleaner box and dripping out the holes on the bottom. Or it could be blowing past the rear main seal.