Why do I get to deal with these people?

Sir Sam

Ok so I had a Yakima SpaceBooster for sale on CL for $150, I had a guy interested who wanted it come saturday. I told him I had people interested in it and I would not hold it for him. Low and behold someone else emailed me, called me up, and came over right away. No hassle, no drama, sold. Me being a courtious seller email this other guy back and let him know its been sold, to which he emails back:

wow. thanks for wasting my time and being a complete ******* to me and my friend. **** you very much and have a lovely weekend.

Zach

To which I send no reply, then this evening after house hunting all day I get back to the hotel, and check my email, to which he sent another email:

i am a courteous person and wanted you to know that I reported you to craigslist.com as a ****ty seller. have good mosh pitting. i hope this reflects on you. thanks again for wasting my time.

Zach

(oh no, he reported me to craigslist.com!)

So my question is, should should I switch to Mobile 1 in my Jeep or keep using the diesel rated Delo that I have been using?

And if anyone cares, this is the email chain leading up to this:

i am a courteous person and wanted you to know that I reported you to craigslist.com as a ****ty seller. have good mosh pitting. i hope this reflects on you. thanks again for wasting my time.

Zach

To: roofdog14@hotmail.com

Subject: RE: Yakima SpaceBooster - $150 (Fort Collins)

Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:35:21 -0700

Hi Zach,

I'm sorry but I sold it today.

-Sam

To: zlusterdenver@hotmail.com

Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:23:37 -0500

if you go to the springs, could you bring it and meet me on the way to exchange?

Zach

Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 11:17:24 -0700

Right now I do not know what my schedule looks like this weekend. I may be here or I may need to goto colorado springs. If I do goto colorado springs I would probably be back here sunday mid day. I should know pretty soon if I need to goto Colorado Springs.

-Sam

Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 09:42:09 -0500

sam,

don't know if you got my message yesterday, but obviously my buddy didn't make it to retrieve the box. what does your schedule look like so that i can make it up there from denver to get it?

thank!

Zach

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 20:30:01 -0700

Zach,

I can be reached at:

720-666-6232

-Sam

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 19:11:14 -0500

i want the box and if need be, i can have a friend come pick it up this week. please let me know if that will work. what is your phone number so i can get you two linked up. thanks!

Zach

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:55:04 -0700

Zach,

That is the mount in the most closed position. When its closed like in those photos it will clamp down onto something

about an inch thick.

Saturday would probably work for me. Though I cannot guarantee I will still have it. I have had quite a bit of interest in it and would prefer to sell it sooner rather than later and at this point I am not willing to hold it for someone. So caveat emptor, though don't think it will likely sell this week.

-Sam

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:25:33 -0500

sam,

is there any way that you can take a picture of the quick grip clamps and measure it?

i could come up to ft. fun on saturday at the soonest.

let me know.

thanks!

Zach

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:04:45 -0700

Zach,

It's about 20" wide, 14" tall at the tallest point, and about 7.5' Long.

I have a key for it.

I will take $100 if its a quick and easy transaction.

-Sam

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 12:42:09 -0500

sorry to ask more questions...

do you know the dimensions? cubic foot storage capacity? (i looked on the yakima website and they no longer sell the space booster) i am assuming that you have the key(s)? would you take $100?

Zach

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:05:08 -0700

I've had the box for about 6 months, I think overall it is about a year to a year and a half old, it does not show much UV-sun wear as older boxes do.

The box still opens and closes fine, the crack doesn't effect that. My plan was to scuff the area on the inside of the box, and apply some JB weld over the crack on the inside to make sure it never spread or became a problem.

It has a single lock, you put the key in, turn it, and you can open it, then you close the box, turn the key back, and you can remove the key. The only way the box can be fully closed is if it is locked. The only way it can be open is with the key in.

I am flexible on the price, but sorry I have no need for a ski rack, I'm not a skier.

-Sam

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 11:33:18 -0500

sam,

thanks for the quick response! the description is perfect - i don't want to have to deal with the metal bars and wing nuts.

about how old is the box? how much does the crack effect the lid when opening and closing? does it have locks? are you flexible on the price? i have a yakima ski rack that i would be willing to put into the deal if you need one.

cheers!

Zach

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:07:35 -0700

It has a quick grip mount. I can only describe it as a hinged "C" that locks in place over your bars. Should be pretty universal fit type of thing. Though obvously I cannot guaruntee it will fit your application.

-sam

To: sale-znufc-1234538765@craigslist.org

Subject: Yakima SpaceBooster - $150 (Fort Collins)

Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:54:24 -0500

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY

** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home

** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping

** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

do you still have this? how does the box attach to the crossbars? is it a quick-grip handle or a nut & bolt system? thanks!

Zach

Ok so I had a Yakima SpaceBooster for sale on CL for $150, I had a guy interested who wanted it come saturday. I told him I had people interested in it and I would not hold it for him. Low and behold someone else emailed me, called me up, and came over right away. No hassle, no drama, sold. Me being a courtious seller email this other guy back and let him know its been sold, to which he emails back:

wow. thanks for wasting my time and being a complete ******* to me and my friend. **** you very much and have a lovely weekend.

Zach

I believe the correct spelling is Douchebag. :rotf:

Zach

I believe the correct spelling is Douchebag. :rotf:

Man, I tried posting this three times before I was finally able to get it online, the first two times the computer just turned its self off, also those first two times it was speeled correctly.

Back when I was doing Oil research, I found some reports that the Mobil 1 tends to leave excessive iron deposits in the 4.0. I run Castrol syntec with a Mobile 1 filter :banana:

Craigslist is full of characters. I hope to sell my car to one tomorrow :typing: I always make it clear, the first one that plants a wad of cash in my hand takes it. I wonder how old 'Zach' is, sounds like he was trying to find a time to leave the house when his parents were not watching him....

Back when I was doing Oil research, I found some reports that the Mobil 1 tends to leave excessive iron deposits in the 4.0. I run Castrol syntec with a Mobile 1 filter :banana:

Craigslist is full of characters. I hope to sell my car to one tomorrow :typing: I always make it clear, the first one that plants a wad of cash in my hand takes it. I wonder how old 'Zach' is, sounds like he was trying to find a time to leave the house when his parents were not watching him....

He sounded young, and he is obviously pretty immature. Anyone else catch the irony in him saying he was a courteous person?(as he swears and curses at me)

He had his friend call me, and try to get me to bring it to him. When that wasn't working out his friend said he would call me back. I never heard back, finally late in the evening the guy called back and said his friend wasn't going to be able to make it(I didn't hear the phone ring at the time so I called him back a short while later).

When he answered the phone I said something to the effect of:

"Hi Zach its Sam with the Yakima."

Zach :"Hi Sam how are you?"

"I'm doing just fine." (I wait for him to talk, after all he is the one who wants this from me), finally after a long pause he says:

"Soo, what do you want to do?"

:wall: :wall: :wall:

You tell me what you want to do, I'm the one calling you back because I missed your call.

That is why many of us out here call it "dregslist" Holy pesky tire kicker! I use craigslist for some sales but all too often a guy like this shows up looking for something for nothing. My dream is to one day sell one of these characters an abolute POS product for bottom $$ Watch him drive away in a car he thought he bought for a steal and have the wheels fall off. :rotf:

That is why many of us out here call it "dregslist" Holy pesky tire kicker! I use craigslist for some sales but all too often a guy like this shows up looking for something for nothing. My dream is to one day sell one of these characters an abolute POS product for bottom $$ Watch him drive away in a car he thought he bought for a steal and have the wheels fall off. :rotf:

Yup, that's the beauty of used cars. The second he signs the bill of sale and hands over the money, the wheels could literally fall off 5 feet from your driveway and it's HIS problem.

All my used vehicles come with the same standard warranty: Five minutes, five miles, or out the driveway -- whichever comes first.

As to the douchebag -- it's obvious that he wasted your time a lot more than you wasted his time. I hate people like that, but they are everywhere. Does Craigslist have feedback or reputation points or anything like that? I've never even looked at it. If he trashed your rep, do you get to report him as a ****ty buyer?

CL isn't nearly as user-oriented as something like eBay. You don't have to have a user name or account to post. Everything I do on there is anonymous. They'd have no way of calling him out, unless the check every post and somehow find out it's him.

They even have proxy email accounts, so a potential buyer doesn't get your actual email unless you decide to reply.

CL is really very safe, people are just stupid with it and that's why it gets nothing but bad press.

Maybe a reality show is in order call perhaps "The Douchebags of Craigslist" I see a lot of potential on CL, they could target tire kickers rip off artists and such ;)

It's too bad it couldn't become a thread on a board as with personal information being illegal to post, and without a "handle" there really wouldn't be a way to track such individuals.

CL isn't nearly as user-oriented as something like eBay. You don't have to have a user name or account to post. Everything I do on there is anonymous. They'd have no way of calling him out, unless the check every post and somehow find out it's him.

They even have proxy email accounts, so a potential buyer doesn't get your actual email unless you decide to reply.

CL is really very safe, people are just stupid with it and that's why it gets nothing but bad press.

Ya, I'm pretty sure there is no way he could have left any kind of feedback about me, unless it was just in rants and raves, which doesn't really matter as anything he would have posted with personal information would be deleted.

It sounds like he sent that last email because he was just reeling mad and wanted to get back at me somehow. I guess he figured the lie about "reporting me to craigslist.com" would make me upset.

Maybe I should have suggested that if he really was upset he go report me to the internet. :rotf: