Comanche won't start

I was working on the Comanche the other day and went out to start it and it would not start. No big deal I jumped it got it running went about my business went out the next day it was dead again. Took the battery to the auto parts store and get a new one. Bring it back and it fires right up no problem so I think problem fixed.

Fast forward to yesterday I go out to work on the Comanche and will not start again So I jump it get it running no problem let it run and drove it around the block for a couple of times let it run some more I would say it ran for around 45 min to an hour. When I shut it off I immediately went to start it again and it was dead and would not start.

Now maybe I have something wrong but if there was a problem with the alternator it would not stay running because the battery would eventually die. When I turn o my key all my lights come on i can hear the fuel pump start it just won't start! The only way I have been able to start it the last couple of time is by jumping it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If it helps I have a 1988 MJ Comanche 2.5 4 Cylinder.

My 90 is very finicky at the connection between the battery and battery cables. One day it'll start, the next, nothing. But if I fiddle with the battery cable, it'll fire up. Someday I'll get around to replacing those old cables. :shake:

Try cleaning up the connections, just for the heck of it. :thumbsup:

My 90 is very finicky at the connection between the battery and battery cables. One day it'll start, the next, nothing. But if I fiddle with the battery cable, it'll fire up. Someday I'll get around to replacing those old cables. :shake:

Did you do this yet? Quick and free check. You want to see nice shiny lead before putting them back together.

I believe this is the problem! I was messing with it on Sat and it fired right up I will be replacing all the cables. Thanks for the help!