Back Rack

Wasn't really looking for one that fit an MJ but a buddy of mine happened to have wrecked his 04 Toyota Tacoma and gave me the back rack off to see if there was s

omething I could do with it. Wouldn't ya know it's exactly the right size for the MJ bed. Here's a couple pictures of it mounted.

What is something like that usefull for? Keeping cargo from hitting the rear window? Adding weight? A place to mount lights? Seems to me like it doesnt have much use and really isnt that pretty (like a roll bar). Just my opinion.

Main purpose is to protect the back window. Also makes a convienent place for lights, antenna or what ever else you wanna mount.

What is something like that usefull for? Keeping cargo from hitting the rear window? Adding weight? A place to mount lights? Seems to me like it doesnt have much use and really isnt that pretty (like a roll bar). Just my opinion.

I'm more or less just using it to protect the back window. I had a roll bar in it but couldn't get my quad in there. Without the back rack my front bumper on my quad would touch the rear window. Now I don't have to worry about rolling in to far and busting the glass. You can also throw a ladder on it or some lumber or anything to long to fit in the bed or leave hanging out the back. It really will come in handy when I have to transport 100lb propane cylinders for the shop in the winter or Argon CO2 bottles for the welders. I can strap them right to it. I'm Not really fond of the look either but more it's function for me.

Thanks for the pics. Always good to know what other applications will fit these things since a lot of aftermarket companies don't support it anymore.

Looks like once you drill the holes in the bed rails, the rack is easy to take on/off? I haul a lot of bulky/odd-sized items in mine. I have a shell with a ladder rack on the top .... but something like this definitely looks interesting for the summer months, when I like to run without the shell on.

• 1 year later...

When your chasing coyotes across the prairie it gives the troops in back something to hang on to. Also makes a fine gun rest.