wheel size

Wheel diameter really doesnt matter, what matters is tire size (diameter or overall height of tire). 16 inch wheels would be no problem. If you give us some more details we could help you better. I'm planning on some 17 inch wheels for mine in the near future if the price is right on them, I already tried one to see if it would bolt up and if the hub was right and it is. Let us know what your plans are! :thumbsup:

i want to install 16'' weel size but not with big ballon style. i prefer thin tires for road and of road on my trucks, i think it's better in off-road ang good for the regular road, same as 205.80.16 maximum...http://www.hankooktire-eu.com/en/product/tire_pcr_detail.asp?pid=20

or 215.80.16 http://www.hankooktire-eu.com/en/product/tire_pcr_detail.asp?pid=49

what do you think about this choice ? jamminz.gif

With those tire sizes you should have no problem at all, even at stock height. Just make sure the backspacing on your new rims is similar to original. Backspacing is the distance from the back edge of the rim to the face of the mounting surface ( where the lug holes are ). Send in some pictures when you get them mounted on your truck!

dasbulliwagen, thank's for your fast reply :bowdown: jamminz.gif

I need to find 5 new mags in 16'' and research the best deal for these tire. jamminz.gif :cheers:

:agree: for the pictures no problems when it will done. jamminz.gif

The 2000 and 2001 Cherokee Classic had 16" rims, the fancier first generation Liberty used the same wheels in different colors, and some of the last of the ZJ Grand Cherokees had 16" rims. Any of those would provide the correct backspacing for you.

one school of thought though is that the smaller diameter rim 15 inch means you have more tire available and a bigger footprint if you air down. A lot of folks seem to think that less rim and more tire lets the tire protect your rim better. I'm not sure how much diff 15-16 inch would make but you don't see folks wheeling much with 18 or 20 inch rims.

I'me the type though that if a deal came up and I liked them I would get them as long as they fit.

Many people are going this route with trucks. better truck tires are avalible. I too may be doing this. Mine for a couple reasons... My factory phone dials are loosing air from repeated airing down allowing sand abd grit into the beads. My preferd tire size 33x9.5 is discontinued in the BFG MUD. :fs1: and mine altho still ahve a year or mores life left, are getting worn. SO, I'm looking at some 285/85/16's....

CW

Many people are going this route with trucks. better truck tires are avalible. I too may be doing this. Mine for a couple reasons... My factory phone dials are loosing air from repeated airing down allowing sand abd grit into the beads. My preferd tire size 33x9.5 is discontinued in the BFG MUD. :fs1: and mine altho still ahve a year or mores life left, are getting worn. SO, I'm looking at some 285/85/16's....

CW

Not Discontinued. :D

{according to this anyway, old PN disc, new number put in service):

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/s ... p?p=381664

OK I called and talked with Robert at BFG specifically about the new KM2's in the 255/85/16 size. He stated that production in this size had been halted for a while, but starting on April 1st they have resumed making them in the 255/85/16 size. He mentioned something about a change in computer numbers for the tire, thats why it was showing up as discontinued on dealers computers.

Robert said that if you do want to order the Km2 in 255/85/16 to give your dealer this number - MSPN 306-39 and they should pop right up in the dealer's computer. He did say that the KM2's as a whole have become a lot more popular than they initially expected and that everything is on backorder and to be patient.

Maybe a couple more people can call BFG and see if they get told the same thing.

Onlinetires.com is listing them (and they're on sale)

http://www.onlinetires.com/

CW

Not Discontinued. :D

{according to this anyway, old PN disc, new number put in service):

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/s ... p?p=381664

OK I called and talked with Robert at BFG specifically about the new KM2's in the 255/85/16 size. He stated that production in this size had been halted for a while, but starting on April 1st they have resumed making them in the 255/85/16 size. He mentioned something about a change in computer numbers for the tire, that's why it was showing up as discontinued on dealers computers.

Robert said that if you do want to order the Km2 in 255/85/16 to give your dealer this number - MSPN 306-39 and they should pop right up in the dealer's computer. He did say that the KM2's as a whole have become a lot more popular than they initially expected and that everything is on back-order and to be patient.

Maybe a couple more people can call BFG and see if they get told the same thing.

Onlinetires.com is listing them (and they're on sale)

http://www.onlinetires.com/

That dosent look like the size tire I am looking for. The size I am running and would like to replace is 33x9.5x15 BFG MT. (Or its replacement MT tire)

According to the BFG site, my size is no longer avalible. The AT version IS, but not the MT. BUT, it looks like I have a couple offerings that will be close. If I switch to the 16" rim dia. The 235/85R/16 and 255/85R/16 are 32 and 33.3" tall respectively, with close width to the 9.5''s I like so much.

CW

That dosent look like the size tire I am looking for. The size I am running and would like to replace is 33x9.5x15 BFG MT. (Or its replacement MT tire)

According to the BFG site, my size is no longer avalible. The AT version IS, but not the MT. BUT, it looks like I have a couple offerings that will be close. If I switch to the 16" rim dia. The 235/85R/16 and 255/85R/16 are 32 and 33.3" tall respectively, with close width to the 9.5''s I like so much.

CW

Ahh, sorry.

There has been alot of debate over the 255/85-16's getting canned, when you typed 33x9.5", I thought you were just dumbing down the size for us. :D

285/75-16's have been the fall back size for most of the 255/85-16 users, so when you posted that in the next sentence it confirmed (atleast to me :smart: ) that we were talking about 16's.

Oh well,

maybe with any luck the 33/9.5's problem is the same kind of part number snaffoo :dunno:

It used to be that choices in 16" were more limited than for 15" rims, and whatever tires were available for both seemed to be more expensive in the 16" flavor. With the trend toward ever-larger rimes, though, it may be that the pendulum is swinging.

There is truth to the theory that smaller rims and taller tires (higher profile) protect the rims better. My brother used to be a service manager at a BWM dealership. With the extremely low profile on their more up-scale models, he said it was very common for someone to hit a pothole and wipe out a rim. Their rims ran anywhere from $400 to over $1000 -- EACH!. I don't think that's a major concern once you get up to a 70 or 75 aspect ratio. My wife's Cherokee Classic has 70-series 16" tires/wheels, and there's enough sidewall height that I don't think I could hit a pothole hard enough to bend or break the rim without bending or breaking the entire vehicle.

I believe 89Eliminator runs 33x10.50 tires. Don't know what brand, though.

JeepcoMJ might also.

I like the wider footprint of my 12.50s. Outsides track a little wider for more stability. They do cause clearance issues, though, as they are too wide to want to stuff in the front. Sheet metal gets in the way. I did some mods, and will do some more cutting before I reinstall the flares after I get my frame/steering box problem fixed.

Thanks guys.

Yea I know about the wider models... I like the look and feel of the narrower tires on my MJ. I run BOTH 33x10.5 BFG AT's and 33x9.5 BFG MT's. I simply prefer the 9.50s. :D

Here she is on 10.50's:

Here she is on 9.50's:

CW