How to measure the maximum possible tire size?

I'm sure there is a guide somewhere x inches of lift = size Y of tire but I would do it this way.

If your current tire is 31X10.50 inches and your desired tire is say 33X12.50, that is a little over 1.5 inch height difference total. Let's just round to 2 inches. Since that 2 inches in height would be spread over the top and bottom or from side to side, divide that 2 inches in 1/2 to get 1 inch. You would need to make sure you can fit another inch in the hole you have and allow for wheel travel.

the 12.50 is also about 2 inches wider than the 10.50 so you would need to allow an inch outside and inside as well. Turn your front wheels full lock to see how much clearance you have on either side.

remember all tires of the same size aren't exactly the same dimensions, there is a little variance. you can get approximate sizes at the link below.

Also, keep in mind how much your current tires are worn. if you have worn out 31X10.50's there will be more difference in the height and width.

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalcul ... ion=submit

There are so many vairables that there is no set formula ... type of tire, bumpstops, trimming, type of driving, back-spacing, actual lift height, etc etc etc.

Best option - find someone with the size tires you want to get and try them on.

Second option - stand back, look at truck, scratch chin, ponder, and take your best guess!

Second option - stand back, look at truck, scratch chin, ponder, and take your best guess!

You could always find a cheap/free set of rollers and have them installed and run them for a day and see how you like.

Find a place that you can fully stuff the front tire and turn it lock to lock. Measure how close everything is. Then decide how those measurements would change with longer bumpstops or any trimming.

Don't forget that a static load isn't necessarily the same as a dynamic load. My front tires never touched the back of the fender until the front end of the truck fell into a hole as I was driving up a trail and the front tire came back and smashed the fender pretty bad. :(