Edelbrock Remote Reservoir Shocks - Feedback?

kickass, sweet effin awesome.

yup, I love them. my brother has them on his xj too. they're GREAT on-road, GREAT off-road. the jeep rode like a cadillac before I stopped driving it (can't track down the steering pop, and have some projects to do to it).

would I buy them again? yup. even if they were $500.

kickass, sweet effin awesome.

yup, I love them. my brother has them on his xj too. they're GREAT on-road, GREAT off-road. the jeep rode like a cadillac before I stopped driving it (can't track down the steering pop, and have some projects to do to it).

would I buy them again? yup. even if they were $500.

Definitely sounds like a positive endorsement. :D Anyone else?

They are out of stock because they discontinued them.... :shake:

I called them and was told they were on sale because they discontinued them my interest in them was gone. :roll:

Good luck getting warranty replacements now they are all gone... :rant:

For $500.00 I will buy rebuildable revalveable Bilstein 7100's with the remote reservoirs. :thumbsup:

Even if they cost more they are worth it and way better quaility. :brows:

:cheers:

They are out of stock because they discontinued them.... :shake: I called them and was told they were on sale because they discontinued them my interest in them was gone. :roll:

Good luck getting warranty replacements now they are all gone... :rant:

Good points all. I'll still stick w. the OME's though. :cheers:

at the price they were selling them for, who cares if you can't get a warranty replacement? everyone who got them says they are awesome, and they seem to be very well built so hopefully failures will be minimal. and for hornbrod's use, i.e. pavement pounding, they're not gonna get hammered so, again, i'd say the chances of them falling apart are low. for your build and usage TNT, i understand why you may feel that way.

These are still available:

http://store.edelbrock.com/imagesproductsthumbshocksxtresi-11.aspx

Universals. Anyone get the fully extender/collapsed specs or do I have to call them?

Mounting: No problem for the rear except possible length. What about the front w. the top stud mounts?

EDIT: Just found Pat's and Adam's previous posts on the XJ-specific shocks. Looks like Edelbrock has close out that line. :oops:

Admittedly, I have no experience with the Edelbrock shocks, but can comment on Bilsteins remote res. shocks, in three words.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! or WHAT A SHOCK!!! How about BUY THESE NOW!!! :shake: :yes: :D

I know how much you like your OME shocks. I agree, they are a great shock, but so are the Bilsteins!! IIRC the Edelbrock are a Bilstein knock off. Whats the greatest form of flattery... duplication. Buy the Bilsteins and don't worry about playing second fiddle to anyone.

JMHO, CW

I know how much you like your OME shocks. I agree, they are a great shock, but so are the Bilsteins!! IIRC the Edelbrock are a Bilstein knock off. Whats the greatest form of flattery... duplication. Buy the Bilsteins and don't worry about playing second fiddle to anyone. JMHO, CW

Since when has your opinion ever been humble CW? :yes: I've had many Benz's throughout the years all were upgraded with new Bilsteins eventually; they are great shocks. But EXPENSIVE! If I couldn't get OME stuff at cost I'd prolly be using Bilsteins.

Don, here is the specs sheet.

Thanks Wahoo!

The cherokee 6" rear shocks are too long for my current setup. I'm SOA with rear lower shock mounts about @ the stock location. need to redo the shock mounts....gonna leave the lower mounts where they are and sink the upper mounts up through the bed (I'm removing my nice stock bed and building a custom willys style bed for it).

...need to get that done before the badlands trip in a few weeks, so I don't wreck them.

BTW there's only one of those universals left in stock.