2nd tranny cooler?

working on my mj try to get it fixed from the wreck. taking out my radiator and stuff and in front of the a/c condenser i have a small 2nd tranny cooler, the xj i'm pulling parts off of does not have this. why would it be there?

So are you saying it has a second tranny cooler. The first being in the radiator? Or are you saying it has two tranny coolers in front of the radiator. If it just has one in front of the radiator, it probably came with the factory tow package.

So are you saying it has a second tranny cooler. The first being in the radiator? Or are you saying it has two tranny coolers in front of the radiator. If it just has one in front of the radiator, it probably came with the factory tow package.

yes one in the radiator then one in front, so ya guess i got a tow package. cool! 8)

just checking since it did not say that you followed lines:

Is the smaller cooler connected to the radiator, or does it just have lines running back that you did not trace? It could be a tranny cooler, and I have seen some smaller powersteering coolers before that people did not know that the PO added.

The aux tranny cooler came with the tow package or the off-road package. It was not standard, and I don't think it was offered as a stand-alone option. Maybe in some years as part of a heavy-duty cooling package? Or a fleet package (like for police departments, etc.)

just checking since it did not say that you followed lines:

Is the smaller cooler connected to the radiator, or does it just have lines running back that you did not trace? It could be a tranny cooler, and I have seen some smaller powersteering coolers before that people did not know that the PO added.

i did not trace em, but when i pulled the lines off, tranny fluid came out.