What 2" Lift that will replace bad suspension component

I need to replace all of the following on the rig that I just bought.

Front D30 with 3.55 gears

Coil Springs

4 Shocks

Track Bar

Track Bar Mounting Bracket (Frame Mount)

Steering Stabilizer

Tie Rod ends and Drag Link

I would like to build a mild hybrid 2" lift that will fit 30x9.50's.

I have been looking around for parts. OME builds 2.5" coils and HD Stabilizers and shocks.

But no one else really makes any replacement HD parts for the rest of the stuff.

I need a new track bar and a new track bar mounting bracket. I don't want to use SKYJACKER TYPE.

Any suggestions??

You don't need any lift to run 30x9.50s. I run them on my stock Cherokee for off-road.

For 2" lift springs you can go to Carquest and buy replacement "Cargo Coil" springs.

Stay with a stock track bar. Rusty's track bar worked okay on my MJ at 4" of lift, but at stock height after I removed the lift kit the track bar was an interference fit with the front diff cover. 2" lift would be questionable -- it would clear at rest, but I think it would rub any time the suspension compressed.

For a 2 inch lift I would just run everything stock with coil spacers in front maybe 2 inch lift springs in back. It works best that way and nothing really ever breaks. If you don't currently have the stock parts, you could pick them up at a yard, and most of us probably have them lying around somewhere in the garage. Stock trackbar is fine up to about 4 inches.

Generally speaking, the more things you change, the more things you break. When they are stock, there really is no weak link in the system. As soon as you upgrade something, everthing else becomes the weak link.

You don't need any lift to run 30x9.50s. I run them on my stock Cherokee for off-road.

For 2" lift springs you can go to Carquest and buy replacement "Cargo Coil" springs.

Stay with a stock track bar. Rusty's track bar worked okay on my MJ at 4" of lift, but at stock height after I removed the lift kit the track bar was an interference fit with the front diff cover. 2" lift would be questionable -- it would clear at reast, but I think it would rub any time the suspension compressed.

Right. don't need any lift to run 30x9.50 on the street, disco the sway bar and stuff the tires and turn the wheels and it will rub like hell.

What are these springs from Carquest that you speak of??

Rusty's stuff sucks period.

JKS adjustable and RE-Adjustable will both work with 1" suspension, but I still have to address the egg shaped hole in the frame mounting bracket.

For a 2 inch lift I would just run everything stock with coil spacers in front maybe 2 inch lift springs in back. It works best that way and nothing really ever breaks. If you don't currently have the stock parts, you could pick them up at a yard, and most of us probably have them lying around somewhere in the garage. Stock trackbar is fine up to about 4 inches.

Generally speaking, the more things you change, the more things you break. When they are stock, there really is no weak link in the system. As soon as you upgrade something, everthing else becomes the weak link.

I don't want to run coil spacers. Personal Choice.

I had thought about seeing what my LWB Rubicon Front Coils would do to the MJ?

The Jeep needs new springs.

As for weak links.

If you look at what I wanted to replace in the origional list, I am trying to stay as close to stock as possible and just beef up the stuff that I have to repalce anyhow.

Right. don't need any lift to run 30x9.50 on the street, disco the sway bar and stuff the tires and turn the wheels and it will rub like hell.

It will rub, a little, but not "rub like hell." But it also depends on the wheels and tires. I ran OEM rims, and I've tried a couple of different brands of tires but no mudders.

But what everyone forgets is that a 2" (or 3" or 6") lift by itself doesn't fix the rubbing when the suspension is stuffed. Unless you extend the bump stops by the same amount as the lift, the tires will still stuff up to the same point and rub. So IMHO there is very little advantage to a 2" lift compared to the DISadvantages of same.

TJ springs don't lift MJs, they lower them.

If'n you don't want to use spacers and you don't have a lot on $$$, either look in a junkyard for V8 ZJ springs, or buy "cargo coils" for an XJ/MJ from Carquest. Somebody on NAXJA posted the exact Carquest part number a ling time ago but I stupidly didn't write it down.

Thought came to mind just now. If you don't want 3 inches (which a bunch of brands make coils in that size), and only 2 inches, with no spacers, drop in the Wrangler coils and see how much they drop you, and get Wrangler lift coils that'll total 2 inches for the MJ. :dunno:

I thought id chime in to let you know one more way. If you go to advance auto they sell little rubber peices that either lift it 2" or 3" depending on how you put them in. They actually go inbetween the coils.

I know you didnt want spacers but i used this method when i fist got my MJ and i did great and even rode the same as stock.

Cole

I guess they could be dangerous :dunno: but i had them in for about 2 years before I went SOA and had no issues. But they were a pain to get in. The only issue i had was the rear when i had the little spacers on it since i didnt have a SOA rear i bought these coil spring things that go over your shocks to help if you have a load. But instead of putting them on it uncompressed like your suposed to i compressed them fully so my shocks held my truck up for lift.

Cole