wtd New leafs rear leaf springs

Does anybody know of an aftermarket Co. that makes new leafs for the MJ?... Only ones I have seen are these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-93-Jeep-MJ-Comanche-Metric-Ton-Rear-Springs-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33584QQihZ015QQitemZ250422389625QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I'm not familiar w/this Co... Hellcreek... are they any good? I called a few places such as ARB/OME and they all say they don't know of any new springs... I have the Rancho add a leafs but I can always get new of those

Any spring shop can get or make you new stock springs. Lift springs are more of a specialty item. Are you looking for stock springs or lifted?

Yes lifted... I have the RE 4.5" or 5" XJ kit w/Rancho Add a leafs (basically it's lifted as far as you can go w/o lengthening the drive lines and it's spring under axcel w/RE long shackles)...

anyways the springs are sweaken the heck out of my ears... I lubed 'em up w/Formula 8000 and that helped for a day or two...

Hellcreek used to be a user on here. I don't know much about their products but when I had called to talk to them back in the day, they seemed very educated and were very nice people to speak with. They also wanted $100 less per set.

I believe JeepCoMJ got ahold of their prototype springs and the bushings were polyurethane that needed alot of grease to keep from being squeeky. That's all I remember.

Hellcreek used to be a user on here. I don't know much about their products but when I had called to talk to them back in the day, they seemed very educated and were very nice people to speak with. They also wanted $100 less per set.

I believe JeepCoMJ got ahold of their prototype springs and the bushings were polyurethane that needed alot of grease to keep from being squeeky. That's all I remember.

Hellcreek on eBay want's $470 or so shipped... must not be the same guys!

i didn't know that?! :eek: :hmm:

I have the Hellcreek Metric Tonne 3 inch rear spring lift that I replaced my old tired AAL 3 inch lift. The ride is much better then the old springs, I run the OME ZJ long travel rear shocks. Up front I have the RE 3.5 inch springs and my rear sits about 1 inch higher than my front, according to BLHTAZ (Brent) has the same setup without the Metric Tonne rears and his lift sits about even. I love this lift, but don't forget to also invest in an adjustable track bar, RE makes a great track bar for the money. I didn't buy this lift to be budget, but depending on what you do with your truck I don't think you will be disappointed for the money.

When I decided I needed new leafs, I ordered a set from JCWhitney.. a couple months later... still did not have my springs. I did have plenty of promises... I herd about and ordered a set from Rusty's. About a week later ONE leaf showed up... Rusty's excellent customer service said they shipped out TWO. I explained that I only received one. They said they would ship out a replacement. Another week later, i FINEALLY has a set of Rusty's 4" leafs. The main leaf snapped in half about a year later... :headpop: :fs1: :headpop: :fs1: :headpop: :fs1: :headpop: :fs1:

I replaced them with a set from Motion off-road. I am happy with these.

CW

Hi ! I'm still here.

Hellcreek on eBay want's $470 or so shipped... must not be the same guys!

Yes, HellCreek on ebay is Hell Creek Suspensions, Inc.

I have the Hellcreek Metric Tonne 3 inch rear spring lift that I replaced my old tired AAL 3 inch lift. The ride is much better then the old springs, I run the OME ZJ long travel rear shocks. Up front I have the RE 3.5 inch springs and my rear sits about 1 inch higher than my front, according to BLHTAZ (Brent) has the same setup without the Metric Tonne rears and his lift sits about even. I love this lift, but don't forget to also invest in an adjustable track bar, RE makes a great track bar for the money. I didn't buy this lift to be budget, but depending on what you do with your truck I don't think you will be disappointed for the money.

Thanks, Dog.

Our 3+2 Metric Tonne springs are stock height. Our MJ-3 springs are a 3" lift, and our MJ-4.5 are a 4-1/2" lift. Both of the latter are 4+1 springs.

Hope this clears everything up.

Tom

We use nothing but rubber bushings now - no squeak.

Thanks,

Tom

so the Metric Tone makes it ride pretty stiff, yes? Stiffer than stock, right?

I have the RE adj track bar and the only prob with that thing is that it wears out (track bar) bushings w/the stock 1/2" bolt...

I didn't have access to an impact gun so drilling it out and putting the heavy duty bolt wasn't an option when that thing went out... (no holder on the nut for under the shock mount)...

I got less than 6k mi out of the first RE track bar bushing...

I have the RE adj track bar and the only prob with that thing is that it wears out (track bar) bushings w/the stock 1/2" bolt...

The stock track bar bolt is metric, that may be your problem.

The prob I had was holding onto the nut (special welded on wings/tangs)

You are right it is Metric... like almost everything Comanche...

therefore the bolt must be 12 or 13mm...

I ordered a new one & it didnt have the tangs

on the nut...

before I use it I will have to stick a welding rod to it... so it won't

spin when you tighten it...

On my MJ you can't get a wrench on it...

I didn't have access to an impact gun so drilling it out and putting the heavy duty bolt wasn't an option when that thing went out... (no holder on the nut for under the shock mount)...

I got less than 6k mi out of the first RE track bar bushing...

Actually the Metric Tonne springs do not ride as harsh as my 3 inch AAL's did, as for harsher than stock I would imagine they do ride more harsh.

The special track bar retainer nut (p/n 11506007) is available from the dealer or an online parts source like ChryslerPartsDirect.com for about $4.

HERE'S where I got my Metric Tonne springs (didn'y know Hellcreek Tom at the time :D ). They ride just slightly harder than stock and also gave me about 2-1/2" lift. The price may or may not still be the same.