spray on bedliner

Anybody use one that they are happy with? :banana: I want to spray my bed, my fenders, bumpers, and the lower portion of my body but havent found one I like. I a few spray on's and they werent as textured as i would like and it puddles up no matter how light your coat is, it doesnt seem to come oout of the can evenly.

Pics would be great if you have shots of a finished product.

Are you asking about do it yourself stuff? :???:

I've used the duplicolor and it's pretty good stuff. Most recently I used it to coat the inside of my new front fenders. I'm not sure I would use it on my bed though... seems like it would chip pretty easy. I opted for the Herculiner for my bedliner.

Whatever you choose... if you do it yourself... proper prep is the key.

my entire truck is covered in bedliner. the previous owner did it, and not very well. he rolled it on. big time texture and thin in some areas so you can see paint under it. others are very thick and gloppy. the bed is done so thin anything will scratch it off. the rest has held up well. he used herculiner and a roller. i'll be redoing it soon. i plan to use herculiner and spray it on.

i wasn't sure when i got it, but i really like it. it's held up very well. i do things with it i would never do with a nice paint job. i even use the hood as a work bench sometimes. it's great.

the funny thing about it is, the po, bought it from his friend. the 2 of them decided that, since it didn't have any rust, and the paint was in such good shape, that putting bed liner over the whole thing would be a good idea. :dunno: so they covered up the nice shiny rust free paint with black bedliner. go figure. :nuts:

i'll post pic's when i get it done the right way. :thumbsup:

:popcorn: Awesome, I can't wait to see the pictures. I was thinking of doing the same thing and rolling/spraying my whole truck but was not liking the way the spray was turning out at all. I am rust free but do not have the nice shiny paint job. I think I am going to give the roll on herculiner a shot.

yeah, you Pete...it wasn't a bedliner type product per se, but you had some cans of some kind of tan-colored gloop that you tried to spray in a homebrew paintbox you made inside a garage. Remember, you painted yourself, your dog, the garage, the driveway, the mailman, etc...... :ack:

Jeff

I used the duplicator stuff last year for a quick good looking finish for our jeep show. I didn't really expect it to stand up very long. It had begun to peel off from very lite use and short time. It could be partially from prep. I didn't go crazy sanding, but I did do a good clean beforehand.

If I did this myself again, I would spend more time on the prep and use Herculiner.

CW

yeah, you Pete...it wasn't a bedliner type product per se, but you had some cans of some kind of tan-colored gloop that you tried to spray in a homebrew paintbox you made inside a garage. Remember, you painted yourself, your dog, the garage, the driveway, the mailman, etc...... :ack:

Jeff

Oh, that stuff. :idea: Yeah, it's not exactly a bedliner material per se. More like a paint mixed with a bedliner mixed with diamond dust. I'm told that it's a bit less messy if I use a pressurized sprayer like I'm supposed to (the guy said the regular sprayer would work fine). :D

If anyone is interested in learning more, I direct your attention to this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10585