Iron Rock Offroad steering

I run heims on mine and love it. So there CW. :fool:

No but the ride is felt a little more and I go more off-road. It has it's advantages though.

How long and how many miles have you run it?

On a daily driver, the get noisy as the plastic/poly/nylon covering deteriorates on the ball. Making them VERY ANNOYING as they rattle, click and clunk to every movement of the suspension. Then you have the old single shear, safety argument. Its one thing to loose the connection with your left front wheel crawling over a rock at 2MPH. Try that at 60+MPH on the expressway when you hit a bump or debris.

CW

No but the ride is felt a little more and I go more off-road. It has it's advantages though.

On a daily driver, the get noisy as the plastic/poly/nylon covering deteriorates on the ball. Making them VERY ANNOYING as they rattle, click and clunk to every movement of the suspension. Then you have the old single shear, safety argument. Its one thing to loose the connection with your left front wheel crawling over a rock at 2MPH. Try that at 60+MPH on the expressway when you hit a bump or debris.

CW

Sounds like you skimped on heims :no: Go for the teflon lined ones or go home, also keep up on maintenance. I am not familiar with that kit, if you have 3/4" heims or bigger then you are fine strength wise, run saftey washers, run grade 12 hardware.

CW

I run 3/4 heims with a single sheer strength of 26,000 and ran for about a year no ever since I did my 6.5" lift. Highway and all. Heims are what they run out in Baja.

Ball joints are simpler and easier and I say better for a more specific DD, but heims get a bad rap.