No Title?

jmc1986mj

Anyone have any insight as to acquiring a donor vehicle for parts that does not have a title? I know state laws differ (I'm in AZ). Found an '87 shortbed 2wd that has solid body parts and other odds/ends, no motor or drivetrain, BUT no title. Any issues with offing the rig to a scrapyard after I harvest what I need? I suppose I could chop it up and take it to the recyclers at the dump bit by bit... Thanks!

No title should not affect you directly as you are not trying to plate it. But junk yards will not take it without a title. So after parting it out you will have to chop it into bite size pieced to take to the scrap metal yard.

That is based on Ohio laws. I'm assuming AZ is similar.

Iowa is a very strict state....but I found a small loop hole.... usually the tow companies will purchase from you a vehicle for scrap.... Some will purchase a vehicle with no title....that is how I have been getting rid of my vehicles.....

Good Luck....

If it's solid, keep it. Or sell it to someone that will. A solid body is a great place to start a buildup. I know plenty of guys that have offroad toys that aren't registered or plated. They are purely for offroad use. Or, depending on the state, it's not all that hard to re-issue a title.

Do as Pete says.

if it isn't salvagable otherwise....post it up for sale on naxja when you're done raping it. plenty of guys on naxja will want the rear cab section and the tail light section/bedrails for a cheromanche project.

you just say that they have to take the whole truck (unless you're willing to cut out what they need...in which case you'll have cut it down most likely enough to scrap w/o title). And you'll probably make more money that way than with what scrap prices are currently.