radiator

Ok, this might sound stupid, but I have a question. I was wanting to know if you guys think a factory 2 core aluminum radiator would keep my 360 cool? I'm going on the same theory as the drag racing and hot rod guys that use 2 core aluminum radiators in their V8 S-10 conversions. I have access to a 3 core out of a J truck, but I didn't wanna fab up any more than I have to right now because of money and it's obviously not gonna fit in the stock location. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shawn. :cheers: 8)

It's the limited surface area of the MJ radiator that causes all the cooling issues with v8 swaps. S-10s have more square inches. I'd recommend finding the best radiator possible that fits in the stock location (meaning a high quality 3-core). Of course, if you already have a 2-core, that I guess it won't cost anything to try it and see. :thumbsup:

Yeah I wanted to keep the front end stock looking, that's why I wanted to stick with an MJ/XJ radiaotr. I plan on running twin electric fans on it and some magic water, but I still don't know if that'll do it or not. I've still got to build the front spring hangers for the leaf conversion and I didn't wanna build it out any more than I had to. Thanks for the info. :cheers: 8)

Hey I might just do that, just got too many projects going on the same project at the same time. I need to finish my axles and get them under it, but I'd also love to crank it and let it sit and run with out getting hot too. I'll figure something out and keep you guys posted. :cheers: 8)

If you haven't already done so, think about modding the hood a little bit. They were never designed for much air circulation (designed for the 4-banger). A couple of vents near the back help to let out some of the hot air.

Hey I might just do that, just got too many projects going on the same project at the same time. I need to finish my axles and get them under it, but I'd also love to crank it and let it sit and run with out getting hot too. I'll figure something out and keep you guys posted. :cheers: 8)

my cooling situation is on hold since i can keep it under 240 in the summer i figure the hottest days are over, ive got some time to get my wobbles and u-joints outta the way. jamminz.gif

Trust me, the hood will be modded ALOT! I can't even close the hood now because it hits the carb. I don't think it's gonna clear alot of things actually, so I plan on either fabbing up or installing a cowl induction scoop. If I put a scoop on instead of fabbing it, I'm gonna use zeus clips so I can take it off on sunny days. I even thought about venting the fenders. 8)

My comanche has a chevy 350 in it and I am currently using the stock radiator, a 195 thermostat, and a bottle of purple ice. Unless it is 100 degrees out she runs right at 190. But I am looking at a BeCool radiator for a 1990 wrangler since they are the same shape and size. Just for added protection.

My comanche has a chevy 350 in it and I am currently using the stock radiator, a 195 thermostat, and a bottle of purple ice. Unless it is 100 degrees out she runs right at 190. But I am looking at a BeCool radiator for a 1990 wrangler since they are the same shape and size. Just for added protection.

What is your factory radiator? Is it aluminum with plastic tanks or is it copper with brass tanks? This one is a factory aluminum 2 core out of an XJ. Also, is it 2 core or 3? Thanks for the info, Shawn. :cheers: 8)