bought another, need front lift advice

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, went down to Calgary today with the full intentions of driving this unit back here. Got there, and he had the jeep ready, inspection papers if I wanted to see them, etc. I told him far as I was concerned, I just wanted to jack the rear end, turn the wheel(s) and check the gear ratio - if it worked for me, I was slamming in a battery and driving away - especially seeing as it was the elusive 2.5l 4 cylinder automatic with the tow package, and more than likely the 4.56 gears and possible a dana 44, all for a grand total of $200...... :mrgreen:

That's when I walked around the rear end to check and make sure it had the hitch and saw this:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

1428.jpg

There was a little bit of poetic inspiration that went through my head at that moment..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

The guy got "4 cylinder" and "4 litre" mixed up.

Well, thats not all bad.

Did it at least have the 44?

Even if it were a D35, and it ran well and everything .... $200 is still a killer bargain.

No 44, and $200 is a killer bargain, but I don't need it. I need axles with better gears than 3.07 for the manche.

Isnt this truck for your daughter,is she planning to use it a wheeler?

that XJ should have had 3.55 or 3.73 gears which should be fine with 32" or 33" tires if she doesnt want a dedicated trail rig.