Wiper circuit breaker

Does anyone know where I can get a new circuit breaker for the wipers?? I've tried Advanced, NAPA, and the Zone with no luck.. Its a rather large circuit that fits into a large connector above the fuse box.. I just have it jumped for right now, and thats not real good..

And before you say JY,,, or dealer is this not a part available in stores??

I know where to get them up here in Canada. I do believe I saw the same thing in a Fred Meyer superstore in Oregon last summer. I'm surprised that the regular parts places don't carry them. They're usually right with the fuses.

JT Money, what did the auto parts stores say? I.E. "can't get it", "no longer made"??? You can't tell me that's not available and you also can't tell me that part is not interchangeable with 20 other wiper circuit breakers. Now, just to be sure, did you tell them to look it up as a Cherokee part after it didn't pull up as an MJ part? Just reaching for solutions here. :dunno:

JT Money, what did the auto parts stores say? I.E. "can't get it", "no longer made"??? You can't tell me that's not available and you also can't tell me that part is not interchangeable with 20 other wiper circuit breakers. Now, just to be sure, did you tell them to look it up as a Cherokee part after it didn't pull up as an MJ part? Just reaching for solutions here. :dunno:

I went to Advanced and spent about 30 mins looking up different fuses and such... Nothing in the fuse sections at NAPA, and sometimes I just hate dealing with those old "know it alls" behind the counter who put all their faith in what that green screen tells them.... Auto zone... lol..

I bet Rock has one but I have no clue where to find it in their database.

I went to Advanced and spent about 30 mins looking up different fuses and such... Nothing in the fuse sections at NAPA, and sometimes I just hate dealing with those old "know it alls" behind the counter who put all their faith in what that green screen tells them.... Auto zone... lol..

I bet Rock has one but I have no clue where to find it in their database.

That's what 800 #s are for............ :fool:

From what Mr Google tells me, that is a dealer only part because of the non standard size/amps. Found this part number from JF, 4.8 amp breaker part # 56001110.

:cheers:

FSM says it's 5.5 amp breaker but the part # is right.

From what Mr Google tells me, that is a dealer only part because of the non standard size/amps. Found this part number from JF, 4.8 amp breaker part # 56001110.

See thats what I'm looking for.. I guess it off to the junk yard!!! :clapping:

Like I even need a reason... :shake:

See thats what I'm looking for.. I guess it off to the junk yard!!! :clapping:

Like I even need a reason... :shake:

just ran that part # at wholesalemopar.com, they have them for $17.55 if you want new........

:eek: They retail for about $25 from the dealership, but I suppose that is because it is a rarely need, and somewhat odd item.

Don't forget that you can check with Tracy (he is mjdoa on here) if new dealer parts are needed. He works at a dealership here in FL and is willing to help. :smart:

Thanks guys for the input, I was just making sure I wasnt crazy.. (still pending)

The circuit still breaks, so to speak, but the pins broke off while removing it. I really thought it was a popular item, ie standard for more then Jeeps, but I guess not. 17~20 is way more then I'm paying,, sorry factory parts peoples, but I's poor.. I'll just snag a lifetime supply of them from the JY, or re-do the connector to fit a more common one thats close to specifications.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: