Fuel Injectors for 1990 4.0

Test is 14 ohms across terminals.

They are 19#lb injectors made by Denso

They are easy to swap to the Ford orange bodied V8 injectors in Mustangs

Pressure is 39 psi running

The injectors are prone to leak and burn your truck down... :smart: Had it happen to an XJ

The o-rings are to cheep not to change :smart: :smart:

I think 5 volts turn them on/off.. I think.. If you were to hook up a light to the injector connector you'd see the light flashing when cycled...

ummm that about all i have off the top of my head...

I just ordered a set of Precision rebuilt Mustang injectors and put them in a couple weeks ago. The price was awesome and the performance gain was noticeable. It's not like you just bolted on a supercharger but there is a noticeable increase in acceleration and mileage. The old injectors were toast. They were pretty filthy, a couple were badly clogged and one was stuck open. Several leaked as well. I didn't even have to modify any sensors which was a plus. I think you'd be happy with a set of them.

CLICK HERE for the Precision Injectors.

There is no down side to them. I had increases in power, idle smoothness, accleration and a 14% increase in MPG :yes: . If you decide to purchase tham, be sure to us ' JEEP ' in the discount/coupon code at checkout for a 10% savings. :cheers:

ANY new injector is going to beat a 1990 injector-

I went with 5.0 Motorsports injectors- prototypes. I think they are the mustang version/high flow with a fan pintle tip.

Made a decent enough difference to notice, more so at high speed than idle. If I had to do it again, I`d just do stock denso`s.

ANY new injector is going to beat a 1990 injector-

I went with 5.0 Motorsports injectors- prototypes. I think they are the mustang version/high flow with a fan pintle tip.

Made a decent enough difference to notice, more so at high speed than idle. If I had to do it again, I`d just do stock denso`s.

Sounds like you got some inferior injectors. It's not just the injector, but the quality of the workmanship in the rebuild process. Precision has an incredible process of rebuilding and flow matching every set. If you buy a brand new set, and they are not flow matched, they will not work as well as the ones from someone like Precision that takes the time to do it. Stock Denso's are crap...and they are a lot more expensive ;) .

Hello you guys, gals.

if I order those Precision Auto Injectors, for my Comanche, are the 87-95 Jeep Cherokee Comanche Wrangler 4.0L Injectors the same thing as orange Ford Mustang injectors. If they are not should I order the jeep injectors or the mustang injectors?

thanks again

if I order those Precision Auto Injectors, for my Comanche, are the 87-95 Jeep Cherokee Comanche Wrangler 4.0L Injectors the same thing as orange Ford Mustang injectors. If they are not should I order the jeep injectors or the mustang injectors?

Click on the link in this post I made earlier. The injectors are Ford Motorsport injectors and are used in many applications, not just Mustangs. The link that I provided is the injectors that are needed for the '87 - '95 4.0L Jeep. :cheers:

There is no down side to them. I had increases in power, idle smoothness, accleration and a 14% increase in MPG :yes: . If you decide to purchase tham, be sure to us ' JEEP ' in the discount/coupon code at checkout for a 10% savings. :cheers:

Are they "plug-n-play" for our rigs, or do you need to fiddle new connectors?

Are they "plug-n-play" for our rigs, or do you need to fiddle new connectors?

One of the easiest mods I have done.. "plug 'n' play" They even come with new o-rings...

Yep...super easy. I recommend that you put just a VERY LITTLE bit of grease on the o-rings before installing the injectors to make them slide in easy. If they fit tight and you put even a small nick in one...it gets real messy, real quick...don't ask how I know :oops: :smart: . Just be careful not to get the grease in or on the ends of the injector itself.

RE: "ANY new injector is going to beat a 1990 injector"

I'm thinking that injector life is more a function of miles and fuel quality, not

so much years. Any opinions on how many miles a set of injectors should

provide good service, assuming good fuel is used?

Yep...super easy. I recommend that you put just a VERY LITTLE bit of grease on the o-rings before installing the injectors to make them slide in easy. If they fit tight and you put even a small nick in one...it gets real messy, real quick...don't ask how I know :oops: :smart: . Just be careful not to get the grease in or on the ends of the injector itself.

Another thing I did was took a 12GA barrel cleaning bore brush and a can of carb cleaner to the port holes in the head, and same with the fuel rail. I also replaced the quick connects in the fuel line and return line with new clips and o-rings. That was the hardest parts finding the right "gas proof" o-rings at advanced.. Yeah the dealer sells the whole kit to replace the quick connects and o-rings, but wanted 20 bucks for each kit.. :shake:

The quick connect are 3/16 fittings you can get from the "help" section and the o-rings came in a variety pack which also had a o-ring for the fuel pressure regulator. It'll take 3 o-ring packs to completely replace the o-rings in the quick connects/fuel lines/pressure regulator.

The quick connect are 3/16 fittings you can get from the "help" section and the o-rings came in a variety pack which also had a o-ring for the fuel pressure regulator. It'll take 3 o-ring packs to completely replace the o-rings in the quick connects/fuel lines/pressure regulator.

Got the "HELP!" part number, by chance?

RE: "ANY new injector is going to beat a 1990 injector"

I'm thinking that injector life is more a function of miles and fuel quality, not

so much years. Any opinions on how many miles a set of injectors should

provide good service, assuming good fuel is used?

I don't have any "scientific" back-up for it, but from what I have been seeing, changing the injectors at around 100K on most vehicles is appropriate. Quite a few that we have seen have had improvements in performance, mpg, etc. at 80K & up.

What you have to remember is, going to a set of "flow matched" Ford Motorsport injectors is going to be an improvement - even over a brand new set of Denso injectors. The 4 hole pintle creates a much finer mist that is burnt much more efficiently than any single hole or fan type pintle could ever do.

Another thing I did was took a 12GA barrel cleaning bore brush and a can of carb cleaner to the port holes in the head, and same with the fuel rail. I also replaced the quick connects in the fuel line and return line with new clips and o-rings. That was the hardest parts finding the right "gas proof" o-rings at advanced.. Yeah the dealer sells the whole kit to replace the quick connects and o-rings, but wanted 20 bucks for each kit.. :shake:

We don't have "Advanced" out here AFAIK, just AutoZone, Pep Boys, and the like, so I'm not sure what the "help" section is all about. Do you have a maker/part number for the fittings that I can look up on-line, or can you post a pic?

Thanks.

Let me find the lil box they came in, or if I can't I'll stop by Advanced today and look. I might be wrong on the size,, can't remember if it was 3/16 or 5/16.. I was wrong,, they are 5/16 not 3/16... The first package I got was the wrong size at 3/8...

The napa # 730-4904

Eagle, I can't find the Advanced box, I'll swing by there today and get you a number.

We don't have "Advanced" out here AFAIK, just AutoZone, Pep Boys, and the like, so I'm not sure what the "help" section is all about. Do you have a maker/part number for the fittings that I can look up on-line, or can you post a pic?

Thanks.

I looked for a picture before I posted that reply. I didnt find any that looked even kinda like the ones I bought..

I'll get you guys a part number later today.

ok... found you what I'm talking about.. not the greatest pic...

Well pic isnt posting, so here's the link from NAPA.

http://www.napaonline.com/NOLPPSE/(S(ew2mgrfqgmayac45ig5d5p45))/Detail.aspx?R=BK_7304904_0006417767

The Link you referenced is for Bosch Part #0280150943 Injectors, not the Ford! Or are they the same injector?

Click on the link in this post I made earlier. The injectors are Ford Motorsport injectors and are used in many applications, not just Mustangs. The link that I provided is the injectors that are needed for the '87 - '95 4.0L Jeep. :cheers:

Went by Advanced today to get some wipers and brake lube. I got the part # for the fuel line disconnects..

Fuel line retainer clips--- 5/16 (For GM/Chrysler) part # 800-005

Orange Gas Resistance O-Rings---- Assorted sizes part # 80020

I think both are made by Dorman.