Rocky-Road

Yeah there is a reason for that. Rocky road does not have many of the components needed to properly lift a truck. Their kit is missing lower and upper control arms, a longer track bar, and I'm sure that I am missing some other components, you know the expensive stuff needed to lift a truck. IMO yes it will lift your truck, but no it will not lift it right, with that kit you will see problems such as bad control arm angles causing driveline vibes, accelerated bushing wear and potential for death wobble, really bad caster and possibly messed up pinion angle leading to driveline vibes and reduced u joint life. IIRC, they cheap out by stacking coil spacers with small lift coils to give you the lift that you bought.

Also, I have heard that they're customer service leaves much to be desired. Stay away from they're kits, you get what you pay for.

Yeah there is a reason for that. Rocky road does not have many of the components needed to properly lift a truck. Their kit is missing lower and upper control arms, a longer track bar, and I'm sure that I am missing some other components, you know the expensive stuff needed to lift a truck. IMO yes it will lift your truck, but no it will not lift it right, with that kit you will see problems such as bad control arm angles causing driveline vibes, accelerated bushing wear and potential for death wobble, really bad caster and possibly messed up pinion angle leading to driveline vibes and reduced u joint life. IIRC, they cheap out by stacking coil spacers with small lift coils to give you the lift that you bought.

Also, I have heard that they're customer service leaves much to be desired. Stay away from they're kits, you get what you pay for.

Get you info right at least, this is supposed to be the freindly and knowledgable comanche club forums.

YES they do and have always had thier adjustable front track bar in the kit! :nuts: .

Though sold seperate RRO does offer control arm drop brackets and fixed and adjustable lower and adjustable upper control arms.

Stay away from RRO kits for valid reasons not for heresay.

Do have them check inventory for you before you order if you are in any kind of a deadline rather than order online and assume it's coming the next day.

Get you info right at least, this is supposed to be the freindly and knowledgable comanche club forums.

YES they do and have always had thier adjustable front track bar in the kit! :nuts: .

Though sold seperate RRO does offer control arm drop brackets and fixed and adjustable lower and adjustable upper control arms.

Stay away from RRO kits for valid reasons not for heresay.

Do have them check inventory for you before you order if you are in any kind of a deadline rather than order online and assume it's coming the next day.

Ok, you got me, they have a track bar. IMO drop brackets are not a good way to get a better control arm angle, unless the rig does not see anything but pavement, they will get hung up on rocks. The "kit" that RRO offers does not include all of the necessary parts needed to lift a truck even though they claim it does, and they try to make it seem like they have the best "kit" in the world on there site. Also, another deceiving product on their site is their rock rails, they are for a short bed, yet they market them for both short and long bed because as they told me when I tried to correct them on this in an email: "Longbeds have the same wheelbase as shortbeds" even though there is a rather large wheelbase difference.

Furthermore, IMO if they are going to market a complete suspension kit and want to have the best kit out there, they should include the CA's, that is a needed part to lift a truck properly and it should not be separate! And even if it is not, it should be indicated on the site that control arms are needed to finish it out, the site seems very misleading to me and I almost got sucked into one of their crappy lifts when I was a noob and have seen others get sucked in and hate to see people disappointed because they buy a product that is on the cheap expecting to get the best. Basic rule of thumb, you get what you pay for.

:smart:

I will step down now. soapbox.gif

:agree: x2 I unfortunaltey did get the RRO 6 inch lift really cheap on ebay, now i know why it was cheap, I recommend that you DO NOT get the lift, I did start putting it together until i figured out that I would have extend my drive shaft because they didnt give me a transfercase drop kit, they didnt give me extended brake lines for the front, for the control arms up front they gave me drop brackets in which you drill out 4 holes in each frame rail and use self tapping screws to hold them in, not something i wanted to trust. I ended up dropping it back down, used theyre 3 inch coils they gave me (wanted me to use those with 2 inch spacers on top of 1 inch spacer on top of 3 in coils for the front) for the front and theyre extended shackles and I just ordered an AAL for the rear. In total its going to give me 3 inches which is what I'm going to use for now until i can afford a long arm upgrade extended brake lines(already got 6 inch coils)

Pretty much listen to someone who experenced it first hand DO NOT GET ROCKY-ROAD OUTFITTERS LIFT, good luck

Even with that much lift I don't think that a transfer case drop would be any good, I actually think it would be worse than nothing at all, because the front driveshaft angle will suffer greatly while the rear will be improved. SYE is really the only way IMO, but fortunately it takes a super high lift (I am thinking like 10"+) before MJ's need a SYE because of the ridiculously long wheelbase.

I avoided the RRO kit like the plague when i finally lifted my rig way up....i went with the RE drop brackets and love them....NEVER have i gotten hung up on a rock even though they do hang down so that's never been an issue...Now don't get me wrong i would love to go to Longarms and will when the $ lets me