Header question

I'm using the stock exhaust manifold.

Why do you want a header? On a Renix 4.0 it won't really have much of an effect other than increasing the engine bay temperature.

The stock Renix exhaust manifold loves to crack near the back where the final tube meets.

Why do you want a header? On a Renix 4.0 it won't really have much of an effect other than increasing the engine bay temperature.

The stock Renix exhaust manifold loves to crack near the back where the final tube meets.

x2 on that, or they like to crack in 4 other places as i recently found out.

i just bought a replacement manifold off ebay for a fairly good deal. all stainless steel too

I don’t see how the remix motor couldn’t benefit from breathing better like any other motor. Certainly would be a HP gain not to mention louder.

Stock exhaust manifolds are known for failure in these engines. Never heard about one increasing engine bay temps, where did ya get that info?

I don’t see how the remix motor couldn’t benefit from breathing better like any other motor. Certainly would be a HP gain not to mention louder.

Stock exhaust manifolds are known for failure in these engines. Never heard about one increasing engine bay temps, where did ya get that info?

I agree, any engine can benefit from better breathing. I'm running a Borla s/s header.