aftermarket seat belt?

So my drivers side seat belt is not working properly. Does anybody know where I can get an aftermarket seat belt? I went and got one out of pull a part for an xj and it is completely different. Any help would be great.

Rob

What year XJ did you pull it out of. They should be identical if you got the same year or comparable year range parts (I know that the 84-87ish are one style, the 88-94-96ish are another style, and 97-01s are another style, with some small variations with the buckle adjustment in some years but they had the same buckle design).

What year XJ did you pull it out of. They should be identical if you got the same year or comparable year range parts (I know that the 84-87ish are one style, the 88-94-96ish are another style, and 97-01s are another style, with some small variations with the buckle adjustment in some years but they had the same buckle design).

XJ and MJ belts are different.

I got them off of an 89 or 90 XJ. The ratchet mechanisms are completely different from one to the other. I was a bit surprised when I got it home and saw the differences. I really thought I had scored as it only cost me $7 at pull a part.

seatbelts are for girls. ditch it.

I do believe that seatbelts should be a choice, and that the enforcement of it now is a crock, however, my truck does not move without my seatbelt on.

What exactly is your belt doing? You may be able to pull it apart and fix it.

Local chief of police does not wear his seatbelt, although he makes his family wear theirs, but he also will refuse to issue a ticket for other people not wearing theirs. Rest of the pd will, though.

I myself took the family station wagon airborne and through (not into, but through) a telephone pole when I was 18 due to a combination of young, stupid, high speed, gravel road, snow left of north side of hill (in May), raised intersection and culvert with a 6' long strip of steel sticking out. The car came to rest 300 feet past the pole on the opposite side side of the road in the ditch. 6 people, nobody wearing a seatbelt, no injuries.

I firmly believe I will only ever have one chance in my life to win the jackpot in a lottery, and that was it. So I now religiously wear my belt.

According to my daughter I already won the jackpot twice, though. The second time being a car going the wrong way on the freeway coming toward me while I was in the passing lane beside a semi truck. When I realized that was a car coming at me at a combined speed of 140mph, I did the only thing I could do, punched it and cut in front of the semi, who had already realized what was going on and got on the brake. My rear bumper could not have missed the front bumper of the semi by more than an inch, and I had to pull over to check the side of the truck to make sure the idgeot had not clipped the rear of my truck as I moved into the slow lane on a 45 degree angle. That right there was the most intense adrenaline rush I've ever experienced in my life.

But I'm getting off topic here.