DEATH WOBBLE

What exactly is it doing. Death wobble is defined by side to side shaking so violently the only thought going through your head is "HOLY CRUD, I'M GONNA DIE!". The only way to stop it is to come to a (almost) complete stop. I have personally experienced this at low speeds due to front wheel alignment (toe-in) being off by two whole inches after a lift, but normally wheels that far out of alignment do not happen. Aside from that death wobble usually happen at speeds upwards of 50 mph.

It is possible you do have DW, but I'm guessing you have something else.

We need to know a description of what you are experiencing, history of the vehicle if you have owned it for any length of time, and specs on front suspension and steering. What parts have been replaced or adjusted, do you have any lift, if so how much and with what parts, etc.

DW can have 100 different causes, and 100 different fixes. Normally if your wheels are aligned, tires are balanced, ball joints are good, tie rod ends are tight, track bar and bracket are tight and control arms are tight with good bushings you should be good.

It is a 1990 jeep comanche with 9 inch coils 2 inch spacer, it has an adjustable track bar drop pitman arm, adjustable upper control arms, fixed lowers, control arm drop brackets and 36 inch super swampers.

It is a 1990 jeep comanche with 9 inch coils 2 inch spacer, it has an adjustable track bar drop pitman arm, adjustable upper control arms, fixed lowers, control arm drop brackets .

this is probably your problem.

why all the lift? to fit 36"s you should not need that much. Probably have a tire out of balance, put some air soft bb's in the tires. Beyond that I would start checking out suspension components, that much lift and that much tire will wear stuff out quick.

wow 11 inchs of lift that alot but yea use some air soft bbs they worked good for me i put in 8 ounces with me 32 inch swampers. but yea why 11 inchs ive seen 5 inchs with 36s. but antidisestablishmentarianism ev GO BIG OR GO HOME i guess. :nanner: by the way can you post a pict of your jeep i want to see this beast jamminz.gif

Couldn't the drop pitman putting the draglink out of parrallellness with the trackbar cause something like that?

It will cause bump steer, not sure about death wobble though.

:agree:

Yep -- bump steer. Shouldn't contribute to death wobble. However, with that much lift I would expect the tie rod end on the drag link to wear quickly, and if that's loose it could be a contributing factor. The typical dropped pitman has about 1" of drop -- that's not much compensation for an 11" lift.

What's the caster angle?

Couldn't the drop pitman putting the draglink out of parrallellness with the trackbar cause something like that?

It will cause bump steer, not sure about death wobble though.

:agree:

Yep -- bump steer. Shouldn't contribute to death wobble. However, with that much lift I would expect the tie rod end on the drag link to wear quickly, and if that's loose it could be a contributing factor. The typical dropped pitman has about 1" of drop -- that's not much compensation for an 11" lift.

What's the caster angle?

at 11" of lift I would expect around 30deg (joke)