HD Steering

ok so i bent my OE tie rod pretty bad and its time for an upgrade. so many choices! All i really need is the tie rod but I'm not opposed to buying the whole set up. looking for something in the $200-$400 range. ive looked at currie, jcr, rugged ridge, tnt, rockkrawler, and rustys. all have there ups and downs. i don't like the currie set up because you can't replace just the tre's and rustys because well, all the rusty's rants. I'm thinkin of just getting the tnt tie-rod but before i do i want some opinions from everyone good and bads from each set up. i don't need the best set up out there, basically bang for the buck is most important.

ok so i bent my OE tie rod pretty bad and its time for an upgrade. so many choices! All i really need is the tie rod but I'm not opposed to buying the whole set up. looking for something in the $200-$400 range. ive looked at currie, jcr, rugged ridge, tnt, rockkrawler, and rustys. all have there ups and downs. i don't like the currie set up because you can't replace just the tre's and rustys because well, all the rusty's rants. I'm thinkin of just getting the tnt tie-rod but before i do i want some opinions from everyone good and bads from each set up. i don't need the best set up out there, basically bang for the buck is most important.
For a little over $200 can't you get the ZJ v8 steering setup?

yeah but i guess i want something bigger. Id love to go JCR OTK but they recommend bracing the front coil buckets and i don't have a welder. anyone running this setup? how much fab was actually needed?

i just installed mine last weekend. you need to relocate the swaybar axle mount, cut off the steering stabilizer axle mount and trim the front of the coil buckets. it is recommended to brace the coil buckets, but i don't think its a must. i did just cause i have access to a welder, but would have had no problem not doing it. the only thing bad i have to say about it was the 3 week long wait to get it.

I kused the TeraFlex kit on our YJ. Nice kit, but the drag link was a little too long and had to be cut down about 3/4" to get the steering wheel straight again.

If you wheel stay away from these aluminum tie rods. I am almost certain that they are made of some material that is magically super magnetically attracted to rocks - and they almost seem to bend at the site of a rock. I am yet to see a straight one that sees anything more than forest service roads.

Willy

I like the Currie on my TJ...

img2204mx1.jpg

Is that the Currectlync? That is what I am running on my MJ and I like it so far! (Valentine's Day gift).

Yup... Pretty beefy stuff... This pic was before my brake swap (Vanco) and eventually I'd like to move the Tie Rod over the knuckle on the Driver side... My Angles between the Drag Link and Trac bar still aren't 100% dialed in becuase of the Rubicon Express Drop Bracket and the Drop Pitman arm that came with my lift... the Bump Steer is minimal and other than finding a DPA that is dropped a little less than the one RE give me, or getting a whole new Trac Bar, I'm pretty much set...

yeah but i guess i want something bigger. Id love to go JCR OTK but they recommend bracing the front coil buckets and i don't have a welder. anyone running this setup? how much fab was actually needed?

i just installed mine last weekend. you need to relocate the swaybar axle mount, cut off the steering stabilizer axle mount and trim the front of the coil buckets. it is recommended to brace the coil buckets, but i don't think its a must. i did just cause i have access to a welder, but would have had no problem not doing it. the only thing bad i have to say about it was the 3 week long wait to get it.

howd the drilling/reaming go? id worry I'm not drilling square with the knuckle and get slop in the tre's.