Comanche Chief Skidplates

Does anyone know if all Comanche Chiefs came with skid plates under the front just behind the bumper and also over the gas tank? I almost remember from many years ago that mind had one at least over the gas tank.

When my dad owned the truck, he took it to a dealer to put new tank on it. I wonder if they got lazy and tossed it rather than put it back on.

Skid plates behind the bumper and under the transfer case are easy to find, as they are shared with Cherokees. Gas tank skids are rare. If your truck had skid plates from the factory, the gas tank would have had one. If someone added them later it would probably not have the gas tank one. Whether all Chief's came with skid plates or not I don't know.

I believe all MJs and XJs back then had the option of skids, but it was never standard equipment on any trim level.

But as stated, if it has all but the gas skid, it had it from the factory. Its either all skids or nothing.

I believe all MJs and XJs back then had the option of skids, but it was never standard equipment on any trim level.

But as stated, if it has all but the gas skid, it had it from the factory. Its either all skids or nothing.

:agree:

My '89 'Sportruck' that I DD had the front plate, and gas tank plate, but the transfer case skid plate was MIA when I got my hands on the truck.

I agree that this was a OEM option, as we all know, you could order what ever at the time the order was placed........ah......the good old days ;)

of the two chief's I have scrapped (87 and 89), both had full skids tow hooks but both were missing the roll bars (and sadly I didn't know about the roll bar lower brackets back then), factory fog lights, bucket seats (mix with/without full console), and dana 44's. And the one I currently have (have to pick it up yet) has full skids, tow hooks, roll bar (currently in my wheeler), fog lights, and bucket seats with mini console, and a dana 44.

they have also all been 4.0 automatics

3 for 3 kinda puts it out of the "optional" realm into the "standard" realm IMHO

my chief came with the full skid pack including the gas tank skid

I checked my window sticker that came with the truck and I see no mention of any skid plates so I must have been mistaken.

By the way, goblazers_6, could you tell me what size wrench I would need to remove these and if you park in a garage at night. Do you have dogs? Just curious. :clapping: