SNOW?!?!???

BookspanS

Upstate S. Carolina!!! Up to about 3 in. in my front yard. Willpost pics in the morning...Almost lost the comanche to sliding through a red light :rant: . Sucks to only have 2WD

4WD does not let you slow down any faster than 2WD. If you can't stop for what you have to stop for you were going too fast for the road conditions.

I was going 15MPH I think. just hit some ice and didnt slow down a bit

4WD wouldn't have helped. It's a common misconception among people who are new to SUVs. They don't understand (until they learn the "HARD" way) that 4-wheel go does not necessarily equate to 4-wheel stop. The ones with ABS are even worse, because they don't understand that on ice all ABS does is prevent the wheels from locking -- which means if you have zero traction the ABS will automatically ensure that you also have zero brakes.

The ones with ABS are even worse, because they don't understand that on ice all ABS does is prevent the wheels from locking -- which means if you have zero traction the ABS will automatically ensure that you also have zero brakes.

Yes, and I got my shirt for that :D Back in 90' I got my first ABS vehicle and was trying out the system to see how it worked in the drive. The drive goes down hill to the garage, took about 3' extra to stop :smart: sure wish I had the garage door open at the time :doh:

I'm pissed too!! Every school district around me either got a delay, got out early or BOTH!! We got absolutely nothing and are stuck in school the entire day just watching it snow!!!!! :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop: :headpop:

Today was my sister's first snow day since she started teaching in GA. :D She just sent me a pic of the awning outside that collapsed under the snow. If I can figure out how to get it off my phone I'll post it up.