Project Illinois to Alabama

Hey guys.. New member... been lurking around on here.. and ok I admit it, I'm hooked on my old comanche. I'm from Illinois.. and grew up driving the 86 long bed 2.5 2wd 4 spd comanche my dad gave to me.. Well time went on.. got new cars.. bl ablabla.. well now I want the comanche back.. Only problem is.. the truck is in Illinois.. I'm in Alabama.. I work in a body shop down here..so restoring it is callllllling my name! I know what yall are thinkin.. just go up there and drive it down.. well she's not in the greatest shape.. and the tires are completely shot..my dad isn't too mechanically inclined.. so asking him to inspect it is just out of the question. Not to mention my parents both think I'm insane for wanting to try and drive the thing to AL. I just recently got in touch with an old friend from college that happens to have a set of early 90s cherokee wheels with newish tires for $150. It's on! I plan on catchin' a flight home at the end of march.. by then I'll have enough $ saved for the flight, wheels, and.. unfortunately the misc. parts I'm sure I'll need to pick up to repair the poor jeep. (It's been sitting for about 2 yrs) I'm a little nervous to make the trec.. its about 10 hrs.. I'm gunna say 12 in the truck.. I'm planning on taking it realll nice and slow. But... screw it.. I'm young.. why not attempt the drive right? take some hand tools.. bailing wire.. case of oil and coolant and surely I'll be good. Anyways.. sorry for the kind of worthless post.. I don't even have the thing yet.. but I was too excited to keep to myself! Here are some shatty quality before pictures of her.

Welcome to the club :cheers: . It sounds like it will be an exciting trip :brows: . Be sure to post exactly when you will be making the drive and the route your taking. I am sure we have a few members on the forum that are near your projected path just in case you need some help.