can't decide

aemsee

I was just moving those around at work yesterday and decided to snap a couple of pics. I actually have these that I COULD use if I wanted:

and this

I'll take those axles......lemme know when I can pick them up...

And I would go with option number two.......

Actually, could you do me a favor and grab a bunch of good pics of engine #2?

Sure. What in particular do you want pics of? I'm going to be teaching class on it in the next couple of months. Want any pics of it torn down?

Those axles will probably end up getting cut in to pieces and scrapped.

We also have a brand new VM on a stand. Never been apart. And a AMG SRT6 engine, with supercharger, from a Crossfire.

LSx

?

you asked for a suggestion on motor. A nice LSx platform would be a good place to start. I say Iron block 4.0in bore with a good set of heads, make it a 6.0 with a nice bottom end so you can put some boost in it. 600hp Comanche sounds nice.

Didn't you know, bowties are for little boys :D

jeeps should stay jeeps. i put a built 383 in a cj once and felt guilty as hell about it. sold that jeep and did a nice build on a 304 in the next one. the built 401 after that was all kind of fun. unfortunately, i broke stuff.................alot of stuff. :doh:

jeeps should stay jeeps. i put a built 383 in a cj once and felt guilty as hell about it. sold that jeep and did a nice build on a 304 in the next one. the built 401 after that was all kind of fun. unfortunately, i broke stuff.................alot of stuff. :doh:

You Drive an AMC platform and you feel guilty about using different stuff. Hell, jeep is the one brand that you can put anything into without feeling Guilty. Most of the compontent systems are designed off of someone else idea. It is what made Jeeps so great, the systems are almost all taken from other applications where they already worked.

AMC = Any Motor Company - kind of like that proverbial box of chocolates

Bowties may very well be for little boys, but they are specifically for FAST little boys, which is better than the stopped little boys with a blue oval that won't run...

Sure. What in particular do you want pics of? I'm going to be teaching class on it in the next couple of months. Want any pics of it torn down?

Those axles will probably end up getting cut in to pieces and scrapped.

We also have a brand new VM on a stand. Never been apart. And a AMG SRT6 engine, with supercharger, from a Crossfire.

You tease.....

I love those VM engines.

Take a bunch of fullsize pics of BOTH engines, from as many different angles, showing as many different things as you can, I will eat em all up.

Any chance any of those VM parts could find their way to me?

Those VM pieces wouldn't make it any further than, oh, ME! Most of the engines we have are engineering pieces that were stressed pretty hard during testing or were found to have a defect of some sort. Or they have been apart so many times, often by hacks, that I would never trust them to put in a vehicle. Same with the axles. Except for a pure wheeling vehicle. I look around the shop and see all the engines, tranny's, t-cases and axles, I could put together one hell of a trail rig :D

Everyone realizes I'm kidding about putting one of those in my truck, right? Hence the PUB posting. If I were to swap it would definitly be a 4.0L. No need for anything else. I would actually prefer to keep the 2.5 but convert it to multiport injection and get rid of the TBI. If I want to go fast I'll take a car from work or drive my Hornet.

As for brands, c'mon. Anything can be made to go fast with the right amount of cash. Chevy's are cheaper to build than most. Each manufacturer has had stretches of time where they dominated the street with their stock offerings. The mid eighties Mustangs and the Buick huffers cleaned Chevy's clock.

As for the AMC dig. Jeep used some Buick engines in the sixties/ early seventies, and that piece of crap Chevy Iron Duke in some CJ's, but other than that it was pretty much all AMC engines. But utilization of other manufactureres technology and parts is just another example of how the little car company was ahead of it's time. Show me a U.S. car that has even half of it's components designed and built in house. AMC's vehicle and system designs were much bolder than the staid big three. Unfortunately manufacturing technology wasn't able to effectively produce what the engineers wanted. Vehicles with large greenhouses, no drip rails, all wheel drive passenger cars, smaller SUV's, overdrive units etc etc. The list goes on and on.

The way the economy is going, there may be another AMC, but it will be GM, Ford and Chrysler all rolled in to one. soapbox.gif

Those VM pieces wouldn't make it any further than, oh, ME! Most of the engines we have are engineering pieces that were stressed pretty hard during testing or were found to have a defect of some sort. Or they have been apart so many times, often by hacks, that I would never trust them to put in a vehicle. Same with the axles. Except for a pure wheeling vehicle. I look around the shop and see all the engines, tranny's, t-cases and axles, I could put together one hell of a trail rig :D

I have a friend who needs a VGT turbo for a VM engine......got any spares of those?

(we have someone checking with VM in michigan too, but who knows how that will pan out)

Since no one else seems to want the viper engine, can I have it? I promise I'll put it in my new 90. :D

Pete, I wish I could gift it to you. We have THREE of them. The 8.3 pictured, a 8.3 SRT10 truck engine and a new 8.4 with variable cam timing. I saw a picture someone took out in Detroit of a pile of Viper engines that were going in to the crusher after R&D work. Enough to make you cry.

You don't have to gift it, I'll come over there and, um, get it. :D Just let me know where it is and when they close for the day. :brows:

I've seen my share of good stuff gone to waste because "that's the rule". :(

You don't have to gift it, I'll come over there and, um, get it. :D Just let me know where it is and when they close for the day. :brows:

I've seen my share of good stuff gone to waste because "that's the rule". :(

I know huh? breaks your heart.