electric help needed

I'm having problems with my elec . I lost all my gauges, including my speedo, which I thought was only hooked up with a cable. I think maybe the fuse box took a dump, but haven't done anything yet. Anybody have any experience with this problem and if you could pass it along to me, it would save me many headaches trying to figure it out ,but, could it give me more knowing it may be a nasty repair? lol,

thanks to everyone in advance and this is really a great site, you guys have reinvigorated me to re-do mine, which it really needs, thanks again to everyone.

Bear

:agree: grounds are an important first step. I found that most of my electrical problems were because of the fuses & fuse block. I had some of the same gauge issues that you are experiencing. Be sure to clean as many ground contact points you can find. It is also a good idea to invest in some dialectic grease. Then I would lube up all the clips in the fuse box and replaced all the fuses -that fixed 85% of my problems. My brake light problem required a bit more than dialectic grease - that was a broken clip in the fuse block :fs1: . Never had the problem with the speedo that you are having, so just be sure that is indeed attached at both ends ;) . Good luck :cheers:

I will leave the electrical stuff to the others with more knowledge, but with the speedo you can check the cable itself to be sure that it is not the probem by disconnecting both ends and then spin the cable at one end while watching the other to see if it moves. Obviously, if it doesn't then the cable is broken, but if it does, then either the cable is not being inserted in the little holes propoerly at the t-case or speedo...or the speedo itself has an internal failure which would be very rare. The most common thing I have seen is that the end attached to the t-case / tranny is screwed on properly, but someone didn't make sure that the internal cable actually went in the little hole in the center of the gear shaft ;) . I have done this myself more than once :oops: