1/4 elliptical pros and cons

Dirty and pingpong, this is probably something for you guys to answer...

I'm thinking of going 1/4 elliptical on my 87 MJ at 6.5" of lift. I would like to know the pros and cons.

the truck is used currently on and off road, though more on. this changes when the 3800 comes out to play in the summer. how would this handle on-road?

Easiest way to explain is part of a Spring pack turned upside down and then mount at the center pin area to the frame and using the bushing on the springs for the axles mount. Drops great but still have stiffness going up. Can be scary if they are not good strong springs cause on droop only the single leaf is holding that tire the rest just sit there.

Cole

how much articulation are you looking for? My uneducated guess is that the road manners will be dependent on your link setup.

Quarter_Eliptical_rear.jpg

The setup you show there would prob do pretty good on the street. The shock angles and link angle on the diff would prob keep it stable. Another factor i discovered in my research is the stiffer and more springs you run the better road manners but rough ride of course. It keeps it from rolling the body as much on the outside tire. I have re looked the idea several times but i don't want to put the time and money into and not be happy or comfortable with my Daughter riding with me.

Cole