Bench to Buckets

And avoid the XJ seats with the curved sliders if at all possible, as they will sit higher than normal by a couple inches. Can be good if you're short, bad if you're tall.

LOL thats what i got, and there out of a 4 door. Definitely STAY AWAY from them they SUCK!!! :ack: I definitely want some new 2 door ones with out the curved stuff.

How much higher do the curved sliders sit over the bench cause i just got some buckets today with the curved sliders. I took some measurements and it only looks like theyre going to sit 1-2 inches higher :dunno: Now I really don't mind if i sit a few inches higher because I'm only 5'9" and have plenty of headroom as it is now.

I really want to make these seats work because they are in such nice shape and actually match my gray interior!!! jamminz.gif

I don't know if its my seats or what but when i sit strait up I'm only like a few inches from the roof. And I'm about 5'7-5'8. Ive had people nail there head on the side of the cab trying to get in. If any thing can't you take the skinz off. Mine are tan, so they go great with my black, stock maroon door panels, grey dash, and mini console, LOL.

If they are nice and affordable, I would get them. You can always get straight slider tracks from another XJ/MJ if they prove to be to tall. The seats themselves (good condition ones at least) are the hardest things to find.

There are alot of nice looking seats out there. After a long time of searching for a set of decent buckets I decided to grab a tape measure and head to the JY. I found a real nice pair in a late model Ford compact car, can't remember what model. Alot of fab work on seat sliders to narrow enough to clear trans.hump. Used bench seat brackets to bolt to seats. Not as easy as Cherokee swap but hey, thats half the fun of this stuff. Lots of head and leg room. I'm 6'2". If I can every figure how to attach pics, I'd post em.