rough country vs rustys

The Golden Rule-"You get what you paid for". I have not personally had experience with either, but alot of people here don't like rusty's stuff. My I add that opinion in this forum are highly repected by others and I am sure all of them has legitamate reasons. As for rough country, don't know don't want to know. Skyjacker has a nice 3' lift for basically $500. My advice, put the money asisde and save up for that. Like I say you get what you pay for. Shane

I would stay away from both, but especially Rusty's...run far away from them. They have a bad reputation for poor quatlity product and customer service both. I have not owned there stuff, but have friends that do and they have had nothing but trouble. Springs sagging, control arms bending etc, etc... and Rusty's just gives them a run around about repalcing the parts.

I don't know much about Rough Country other than as the others have already said...you get what you pay for. A good 3" kit should cost you in the neighborhood of $700 - $900. :thumbsup:

I have seen and owned both rough country and rusty's control arms. As far as I can tell they are exactly the same just painted different colors. No I didnt go out and buy the parts, but they were acquired from parts trucks, or running rigs I still own.

I have a set of rough country coils in the front of the turd... and they are stiff as hell. Also ran a set of Rusty's coils in Pong. They flexed great, and had no unussual issues with them. I bought them used.. so I wasnt really going to be out much if they didnt perform the way I wanted them to.

i ran both rustys and rough country products on my xj and never had a problem, it rode smooth, thought they wer ok for the price.

the only thing i didn't like was the track bar drop bracket for the frame, it was too thin and would flex enough to cuase death wobble