Tilt Mechanism

What is the deal with these :fs1: 'n things. I can't get it to work. I used a piece of wire and steel sleeve for a temp fix ->

It works but just looks Jerry Rigged. Any one else come up with an ideal to get them to work properly? Thanks, Rich

I had the tilt problem in my seats. My problems were not the cables but a little sheet metal cable holder (lost of words on exactly what it is) Think a bicycle brake cable the one end has a little round metal end that inserts into the hand lever, then the cable sheath goes into (most the time) a split adjuster that you use to tighten the cable pull. Well if you take the back off your seat you'll see, and you just have to straighten that "cable housing stop" and then it should work. I guess another thing to help would be to grind a little off the hook on the bottom. Does any of this make sense??

I had the tilt problem in my seats. My problems were not the cables but a little sheet metal cable holder (lost of words on exactly what it is) Think a bicycle brake cable the one end has a little round metal end that inserts into the hand lever, then the cable sheath goes into (most the time) a split adjuster that you use to tighten the cable pull. Well if you take the back off your seat you'll see, and you just have to straighten that "cable housing stop" and then it should work. I guess another thing to help would be to grind a little off the hook on the bottom. Does any of this make sense??

Yep, I got ya. I adjusted (bent) the metal bracket stop when I was in there the last time. I believe it just bent back to the original non-working position. I will try yours and Pete' suggestion and take a little off the hook :cheers: .