started my lift!!!! now some ?'s

so i got it on the two post lift and pulled the shocks swaybar links and went to pull the pitman arm, pulled the needle and removed the bolt and whacked with hammer. the thing wouldnt budge. what is the correct way to remove this as well as the track bar, the upper mount is giving me some headaches as well :fs1:

any help is appreciated, thanks jamminz.gif

To straighten the wheel you adjust the drag link. It has an adjustment for just that function. I maintain that the pitman arm should not need to come off.

Be advised that lifting your truck will also cause toe-in, so you either need to realign it yourself, or take the truck in for an alignment after you have done your lift. When I lifted 4.5" it gave me 2" toe-in which caused death wobble severe enough that it fubarred the bearings in the alternator. At only 35-40 mph in town!

That is correct...the pitman arm does not need to come off for any reason. :thumbsup:

Unless he got a kit with a drop track bar bracket and pitman arm. But unless your kit is a 6"+ lift there is no need to mess with the pitman arm.

BTW... What lift are you installing?

That is correct...the pitman arm does not need to come off for any reason. :thumbsup:

Unless he got a kit with a drop track bar bracket and pitman arm. But unless your kit is a 6"+ lift there is no need to mess with the pitman arm.

BTW... What lift are you installing?

Doesn't matter what lift he's getting, the pitman arm is indexed and he can't "straighten" the steering by trying to "clock" the pitman arm on the steering box output shaft. If he did manage to do that, all it would do is put the pitman out of alignment with the steering box, which will cause further problems in the future.

Just use a pickle fork to bust the drag link loose from the pitman arm.