thinking of going electric

I have been toying with the idea :idea: of making an electric MJ for some time now and have come across one question that i am sure someone here can help me with!

Is the Tranny (5 Speed) the same in a 2.5L I4 as in say a 4.0L, or will they both mount the same if i want to swap! reason for asking is i can find a mounting plate already machined for a 2.5L, but the MJ i have is 4.0L!

any help would be appreciated :cheers:

:Canadaflag:

that means that i'll have to find myself a 5 speed tranny from a 4 banger or use a AC Electric motor rather than a DC one! If i get this Project underway I'll post regular updates as to what and why i chose to do things that way!

thanks pete! :cheers:

sounds great. I do not know if you have seen this but look at this link. I have been toying with it bit around here it will be a year or 2 befor I can start. I have to much on the go. great information I found in here.

good luck and keep us posted.

Oh and where did you find the mounting plate if you do not mind me asking. I looked around on the net and found nothing.

http://www.driveev.com/jeepev/home.php

DId I ever get a nasty viurs when I opend that link. I am no computer guy but the thing shut down my laptop and then came back on and told me to store the viurs for later so that maybe an update can get rid of it.

DO not open link above................... :headpop:

DId I ever get a nasty viurs when I opend that link. I am no computer guy but the thing shut down my laptop and then came back on and told me to store the viurs for later so that maybe an update can get rid of it.

DO not open link above................... :headpop:

:hmm: What type of virus protection are you using? I opened it before seeing your post and had no trouble with it...not even any pop-ups :dunno:

Dude i have been going to that site for a while now and never had trouble! If i was you i'd try updateing my antivirus as i have never had any luck with NORTON all it ever dose is take over the PC and gave me false readings about viruses!! any how good luck and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

:Canadaflag:

Thought about going electric also, but with the engine being old faithfull it looks like it is not going to happen anytime soon. The information on this website is some great info: http://www.driveev.com/jeepev/

yes that is the best info I have found yet. I just wounder how long the batterys would last up here in the -30 weather we get. Like for the last 3 days now. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it cold