diesel question Need help.....6.5 diesel fuel gelling

90eliminator

Hi guys, my fuel has gelled in my 94 suburban....6.5 diesel I have added some addititive that says it protects up to -40 but it is right around -10 right now...... and she will barely run at idle....any ideas on how to get the fuel heated up and so I can at least get home.....thanks S

I've had lots of success with using 60w or 100w droplights as heaters... defrosting frozen lock cylinders, drying out engine ignition components in the rain, block heater for the motorcycle, just this past weekend the oil in my 2-stoke snow blower was like glue in the fuel line so I heated the tank with a bulb to liquefy the oil enough to drain and remix it. Other than that, there's always hair dryers and space heaters.

Change your fuel filter and put in Power Service 911 or similar product (we use Penray Winter Thaw at work). Fill the filter with 50% power service and 50% fuel. Pour the rest in the tank. We are having similar problems here too with "treated fuel" that is not living up to its name.

On a side note your problem was just described to me by my dad (talking about a co-worker of his). That guy put Heet in his diesel and it worked!! I have not tried it, but it might work.

Anybody ever mixed a gallon of gas with a full tank of Diesel, I heard that its supposed to help as well....thanks

You can, but only do after you have run out of other options. Then do not do it often. Back in the 70's and early 80's VW used to say up to a 50% mix of K-1 or a gal of gas to 9 gal of diesel.

A few years ago the temp was -25* with a wind chill of -50* and my fuel start to gel on the 6.2 as I was going down the road. I got off and the station I went to had a short 2' hose on the K-1 so you could not put it in a vehicle, so I put in 1 gal gas and all was fin till I could get some K-1 and more power service in.

Also Power Service is great to run all year, I alwasy had a big jug in the cab and put in with every fill-up :cheers: we call it GOGO Juice. Sure gives that extra punch to diesel :brows: I even run it in the tractor

:banana: :banana: