Rough Country drop brackets

Anyone running them? Do they fit MJ's? are they any good?

I really need longarms...but they're running a special on DB's for $129.....thinking about a set to run until I get up the $$$ for LA's.

TIA,

Jeff

where did you see the $129 special? and how long is this deal going to last? the brackets will work on mj's but the braces won't. i asked about the braces a couple weeks ago and several on here assured me that the braces aren't needed on mj's since they have the welded on lca mount brace already.

Thanks Pat.

As usual, I'll bring the beer, and I still have that box of rods for you from when we did the perches.

My wife just bought me a set of DB's for Christmas....but she doesn't know it yet :banana: $156 and change with shipping.

Jeff

Jeff, I could swear I've seen a tech thread either here or on jeepforum where someone made the support brackets work after a little grinding and other work. might be easier to fab some up with pong, but just an fyi................

I have some 4x4x1/4 angle and some 4"x 1/4 flat..... A lil cutting, welding and a lil work on the drill press... should be able to make a set of reinforcements after measureing in less then 20 minutes :smart: all ready have half a plan for it :D

just finished installing mine. install went pretty smoothly except for the lca bolts being extremely frozen up and my adjustable lca's were pretty well froze up too. after lost of beating and prying i finally got them loose. and applied lots of anti-sieze. and for the braces it appears that we may be able to cut one side of the frame end off and get it to fit. that will only leave one bolt hole on the frame side though. i'm going to work on that tomorrow and see how it turns out

they work great jamminz.gif

only hung me up once but then again the rock also hung up a 44" TSL and I am on 34's

here is the best pic i have of me being hung up

And here is the video

If you look at rocky road i think they have a set for the mjs with the supports thats they only thing that won't work.

i copy and pasted this to keep from another site i'm on having to type it all again

got some control arm drop brackets for christmas

installed them yesterday/today. the install on the brackets themselves was pretty easy. my adjustable arms gave me a bit of trouble due to them being froze up and the bolts also being froze up. finally got them all off and freed up

before

after

then it came time to install the braces. well these are designed for a xj and i have a mj. mj's have a big reinforcement welded onto the lca mount so the braces won't work in stock form. most guys simply don't worry with them and leave them off. i liked the idea of having them for strength and they also form a ramp to help keep from getting hung up on the brackets.

so i cut half of the brace off where the reinforcement is and drilled a new hole for an additional bolt

got it all bolted up and ready to go now

• 3 months later...

If the original authors or anybody since this post was started reads this.....I am installing the rough country control arm drops. I am having trouble getting the side bracket that hold the UCA in place. The bolt holes do not line up even with the upper hole being oblong on the top side of the bracket. Also I have my control arms screwed in as far as they would go to keep the axel close to where it was before, is this normal. My truck actually has the same looking LCAs as the maroon truck in this thread, including ride height. Any other words or advice on this install would be great also.

Sadly, mine are still sitting in the box they came in :(

They are #2 on the list to do, right behind pulling the head on my TJ once we get into our new garage, errr....house, in June (hopefully).

From memory, though, those brackets seem to be specific to each side...did you try switching sides with them?

Jeff

I just finished doing mine about 20 mins ago. Everything went smooth as silk. Except putting the stock alignment shoes and LCAs back into the RC pockets. I had to beat, pry, bend, and cuss to get them in. Once I figured it out the other side went easy as pie.

The UCA brackets are side specific. It can be confusing to get them right. It took me a few mines to get them on too.

I would swear I have them right, but when I put the bracket on the bottom hole that is round I am off on the very top where it is oblong and bolts onto the UCA pocket. I also had to beat the lower control arm bracket into place since the old pocket was squished in alittle to the width of the control arm joint. I swear if it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all. When I get home I will look at it again, I just hate to start tweaking the new stuff till I know what is the culprit.

if you read rocky roads info, the pictures show normal and lifted. mine isn't normal and looks like the lifted one. but i don't have 6 in of lift. why do they say only on 6 in of lift or more?

i like the idea of using them.

rc are now $200.00 today.

rr are now $195.00 today. :help:

If I have adjustable upper and lower arms do i still need to put the shims and bracket deal in the lower control arm pocket(the deal with the two bolts that stick out the back of the pocket?) can't this adjustment be made on the arms themselves. Also I had to add a couple washers on the upper arms to fill the space between the new upper arm brackets.

If I have adjustable upper and lower arms do i still need to put the shims and bracket deal in the lower control arm pocket(the deal with the two bolts that stick out the back of the pocket?) can't this adjustment be made on the arms themselves. Also I had to add a couple washers on the upper arms to fill the space between the new upper arm brackets.

The alignment shoes have a hole in the center, while the brackets have a slit for them to adjust using shims. I would use the shoes to keep the arms from even having the chance to slide in the pockets.