231 swap to 242 questions

I'm buying a NP 242 from our good friend Twisty and I have a few questions not answered in any of the multiple forum searches. My MJ is an '89 with the 4.0L and 5-speed BA-10 transmission with the CAD on the front axle.

1. I plan on shimming the CAD so it is always engaged. Does the other end of the vacuum wires at the TC get used? If not, can I just take them out altogether?

2. Will the 231 vent hose fit on the 242?

3. Will my speedometer cable fit on the 242?

4. Can I reuse the shift fork linkage from my 231 on the 242?

Thanks fellas, and Twisty, feel free to chime in too!

I'm buying a NP 242 from our good friend Twisty and I have a few questions not answered in any of the multiple forum searches. My MJ is an '89 with the 4.0L and 5-speed BA-10 transmission with the CAD on the front axle.

1. I plan on shimming the CAD so it is always engaged. Does the other end of the vacuum wires at the TC get used? If not, can I just take them out altogether? only if you want the 4WD indicator light on the dash to work, if not, cap off the switch on the TC (I just wrapped mine in duct tape :D)

2. Will the 231 vent hose fit on the 242? yes

3. Will my speedometer cable fit on the 242?yes

4. Can I reuse the shift fork linkage from my 231 on the 242?yes, but you may want to switch the bezels to show the 4H full time position

Thanks fellas, and Twisty, feel free to chime in too!