Price feeler

sinnaevd

Wondering what you guys would pay for 33's? Also what are some tried and true brands that work? I was goign to go TrXus, but they have been apparently rumoured to have very weak sidewalls...so I don't wna tto buy them brand new and only last a little while. I don't really plan on rock crawling (maybe just a lil but nothin serious)

mostly just trail driving and mudding, sand whereever I can find it.

give me some suggestions and why if you like. Thanks for everything everyone!

Defineately BFG's

But I have to say...trexus do not have weak sidewalls. If you had both the BFG and TREXUS side by side UNMOUNTED, you would see what I mean...they are almost twice as thick!! BFG's have weak sidewalls in comparison.

I choose the BFG because of wear. I have owned about 5 sets of different vehicles. Everyone has lasted over 50,000 miles. The MT's would be my choise for you as you mentioned mud. The AT's are a better tire if mud is not in your sites.

I have numerous friends with the Trexus tars and everyone loves them. nly complaint is wear, 30-40,000 tops rotated and ballanced religiously.

i don't think i would ever have the guts to try and run near sharp rocks...I mean i would run them if I as with the club group...but on my own little excursions here in ontario definately not. Don't have the kind of money to spend on new tires. hopefully I get lucky on the trails and keep my tires safe :brows:

Goodyear wrangler mtr's are the best wearing tires ive ever seen and they also have a reinforced side wall

The MTR's ARE great tars, but NOT MUD tires!! Goodyear classifys them as an allterrain. The side walls are SWAMPER TOUGH, WAY stronger than the BFG's and likely stronger than the Trexus's. Some smaller shops will not even mount them becasue of this sidewall!!!

But they will NOT OUT WEAR A BFG...no way!!! :bowdown:

So far in 4+ Years on my TJ the bfg MT's have served me well, no trail puntures. Others with me on same trails have not been as lucky as myself. There has been numerous off brands a couple swampers and even a MTR that has been sliced. Thats not to say BFG's are tougher...

I have just been lucky the rock piranhas havent gotten a taste for french rubber..... :D :eek:

CW

MT/R's are not long lasting, the same soft tread compound that makes them work well in rocks causes them to wear quickly on the road.

The Super Swamper TSL Radial in 32"x10.5" is close to most 33" in height, aggressive while retaining decent road manners of a radial.

Are we talking about a trail rig or a grocery getter..If your gonna be in the sticky stuff go with either Ground Hawgs or TSL's. :beerhead: If your using it to carry your kids back and forth to school just get ya a set of BFG's :shake: