Heres my Prodject

Image Not Found

I want to keep it looking as stock as possible (but still aggressive) and maximize the off-road capability. My goal is to maintain reliability, build within my budget, and find the balance between off-road capability (for moderate wheeling) and rider comfort. With that, the tires won't go any larger than 33"

I plan on doing rusty's 4.5 in. left with some 33 in. superswamper Boggers.

As of now I'm getting ready to paint. Its a Sonic Blue.

Image Not Found

I want to keep it looking as stock as possible (but still aggressive) and maximize the off-road capability. My goal is to maintain reliability, build within my budget, and find the balance between off-road capability (for moderate wheeling) and rider comfort. With that, the tires won't go any larger than 33"

I plan on doing rusty's 4.5 in. left with some 33 in. superswamper Boggers.

As of now I'm getting ready to paint. Its a Sonic Blue.

Sounds like a good plan. 33" is a good size for Comanches, and you should need only minimal trimming with 4.5" lift.

BUT, please consider going with a different brand lift. Motion Offroad and Rubicon Express come to mind. I have no personal experience with Rusty's, but a lot of people here have, and almost none of those were good.

Sounds like a good plan. 33" is a good size for Comanches, and you should need only minimal trimming with 4.5" lift.

BUT, please consider going with a different brand lift. Motion Offroad and Rubicon Express come to mind. I have no personal experience with Rusty's, but a lot of people here have, and almost none of those were good.

sond like a good plan, although, i would consider a different tire if you want it to be on the road as much as it is off-road. the bogger will wear out pretty quickly and unevenly on the road. maybe a nice moterate mud terrian, or a different directional like the xterrains or baja claw or something. just a thought. about rusty's, i have a couple of their products, and they arent bad. i have heard that they have improved their stuff alot in the past couple years. i would count them out, but explore all your options.

sond like a good plan, although, i would consider a different tire if you want it to be on the road as much as it is off-road. the bogger will wear out pretty quickly and unevenly on the road. maybe a nice moterate mud terrian, or a different directional like the xterrains or baja claw or something. just a thought. about rusty's, i have a couple of their products, and they arent bad. i have heard that they have improved their stuff alot in the past couple years. i would count them out, but explore all your options.

Stay away from Rusty's... I have seen way too many problems with their stuff and the have exhibited horrible customer service consistently with many people on this board as well as others that I have seen in other places. I would say that it's easliy 80% of people that have purchased lift kits from them would never do it again.

Boggers are great tires, but don't really fit in to what you are describing as your intention for this truck...especially the rider comfort part as they do not ride well at all on the road. The Swamper TrXus M/T Radial is a nice agressive tire with a good ride as is the Swamper SSR. I run the TrXus on the MJ and I have ProComp Xterrains on the YJ...love them both :thumbsup:

Stay away from Rusty's... I have seen way too many problems with their stuff and the have exhibited horrible customer service consistently with many people on this board as well as others that I have seen in other places. I would say that it's easliy 80% of people that have purchased lift kits from them would never do it again.

Boggers are great tires, but don't really fit in to what you are describing as your intention for this truck...especially the rider comfort part as they do not ride well at all on the road. The Swamper TrXus M/T Radial is a nice agressive tire with a good ride as is the Swamper SSR. I run the TrXus on the MJ and I have ProComp Xterrains on the YJ...love them both :thumbsup:

Yeah, Thanks guys for the info. jamminz.gif I was just going for rusty's b/c it was somewhat affordable with my budget. I'll spend the extra hundred and get a better lift Rubicon Express sond pretty good. As far as the tires go, I've got some 32x11.50's BFG Mud terrains in my shed From my xj. So ill go and use them. After get the lift.

nothing right in Richmond, but there's wheeling farther out west of here..Shoe Creek, Oak Ridge, Crozet, etc. Jerry and I might be doing a small run next weekend or the one after, let's try to put something together :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Hey, I'm in a jeep club in Chesterfield. We go on trails just about once or twice a month. You otta sign up and come to some club meets. Everybody there is awesome and very helpful when it comes to wrenching on your rig. the club stite URL is http://southsidejeepers.freeforums.org/ be sure to introduce yourself. Hope to see you there. my fourm name on there is Eric95xj