not jeep, but i get better responces from yall

Mattpioneer

ok first off. i have a chevy 350 vortec. it came with tbi on it, is it possible to make a plate to convert that intake to a 2 barrel.

or can i take a normal intake and drill the mount holes to match

If it has TBI it is not a Vortec. The Vortec are 1996 and newer and all have sequential multi port injection.

The older (up to 95) 350s (5.7l) can take either TBI or a carburator, but you might have to by an intake manifold, or at least an adapter plate from Summit Racing to go from one to the other. Then again, you might not as I have no personal experience with the conversion. I do have personal experience with the TBI 350, as my Suburban has one.

On a side note, I might be trading my 94 Suburban for a 95 ZJ. Was really looking to sell, buy a cheap XJ and have cash left, but this might be a better deal as it's difficult to sell a full size SUV right now.

ok first off. i have a chevy 350 vortec. it came with tbi on it, is it possible to make a plate to convert that intake to a 2 barrel.

or can i take a normal intake and drill the mount holes to match

If it has TBI it is not a Vortec. The Vortec are 1996 and newer and all have sequential multi port injection.

The older (up to 95) 350s (5.7l) can take either TBI or a carburator, but you might have to by an intake manifold, or at least an adapter plate from Summit Racing to go from one to the other. Then again, you might not as I have no personal experience with the conversion. I do have personal experience with the TBI 350, as my Suburban has one.

On a side note, I might be trading my 94 Suburban for a 95 ZJ. Was really looking to sell, buy a cheap XJ and have cash left, but this might be a better deal as it's difficult to sell a full size SUV right now.

It's quite possible to do what you want, but I wouldn't waste the effort on a 2-bbl. They're slow and they're gas hogs. You'll get better fuel economy and, ultimately, better performance with a small-ish 4-bbl. Don't get a Quadrajet or anything that has primaries as big as the secondaries. You want something like a carter AFB (or the new Edelbrock clones thereof) with small primaries for cruise economy and larger secondaries for when you hammer the peddle.

It's quite possible to do what you want, but I wouldn't waste the effort on a 2-bbl. They're slow and they're gas hogs. You'll get better fuel economy and, ultimately, better performance with a small-ish 4-bbl. Don't get a Quadrajet or anything that has primaries as big as the secondaries. You want something like a carter AFB (or the new Edelbrock clones thereof) with small primaries for cruise economy and larger secondaries for when you hammer the peddle.

My 84 Olds 98 had a 307 with a Quadrajet, and the primaries were not the same as the secondaries. The primaries were quite a bit smaller, actually, which allowed my V8 powered 4000 pound car to cruise down the highway getting 25mpg.

In my opinion it is one of the best, if not the best, 4 barrel carburators out there, offering good fuel economy when cruising while offering the capability of delivering 750cfm airflow under WOT on a large enough engine to draw that much. On a regular 350, as on my 307, the secondaries will never open 100%.

It is a very good choice for a 350, but what's wrong with the TBI? It is mechanically a much simpler, more reliable design.

My 84 Olds 98 had a 307 with a Quadrajet, and the primaries were not the same as the secondaries. The primaries were quite a bit smaller, actually, which allowed my V8 powered 4000 pound car to cruise down the highway getting 25mpg.

In my opinion it is one of the best, if not the best, 4 barrel carburators out there, offering good fuel economy when cruising while offering the capability of delivering 750cfm airflow under WOT on a large enough engine to draw that much. On a regular 350, as on my 307, the secondaries will never open 100%.

It is a very good choice for a 350, but what's wrong with the TBI? It is mechanically a much simpler, more reliable design.