Rough country lift question

-In my opinion...you will definitely need to replace both the UCA's and the LCA's...especially if you are going to wheel it as the stock arms are weak junk.

-You will need an adjustable track bar.

-No pitman arm is needed.

Just remember if you buy that kit...you get what you pay for. Cheap means cheap :smart: . It's a good price...BUT...

You couldn't pay me to put a 3" lift sans LCAs on one of my MJs. The tire gets pulled back in the wheelwell with the stock arms.

what is sans?

he means he wouldnt put a 3in lift without new lca's.

i also recommend new lca's but i don't think you need new uppers. i lengthened mine and they've held up for 3+ years of dd'ing and moderated to hard wheeling.

see i would like to buy a set of springs that will give me 3"-4" of lift but i have no idea what to do :dunno:

do i need to buy a kit like the op did. Or will stock springs from another type of jeep fit in there and give me some lift? :dunno:

see i would like to buy a set of springs that will give me 3"-4" of lift but i have no idea what to do :dunno:

do i need to buy a kit like the op did. Or will stock springs from another type of jeep fit in there and give me some lift? :dunno:

You could probably hack together a kit that would do what you want, but it would be just that...a hack job. The best, safest and smartest thing to do is spend the $700 - $900 on a good kit and have it done right with upper & lower LCA's, track bar & rear springs.

i don't think you need new uppers. i lengthened mine
How on earth did you lengthen a stock control arm. They are nothing but weak pressed sheet metal and making them longer would just make them weaker. You must have done something to strengthen them as well as lengthen them or you would not be using them right now...especially if you have ever really wheeled them. ;)