Turns over....won't start, PLEASE help.

Was changing the airfilter today, decided to go a step further and clean the throttle body. Took the IAC sensor off, cleaned it, then cleaned the throttle body. Now it will turn over, but doesn't....... what did I do?? Thanks in advance!

There is a port on the fuel rail to test fuel pressure, but obviously you need a guage.

You can check for spark by pulling a plug wire off of the distributor cap, put something conductive in it like a screw driver and hold it close to the post on the cap to see if it fires while trying to start the truck. This obviously will require another person to help you. Be careful doing this as the charge can give you quite a jolt if you ground it through your hand of finger ;) .

I just went out and took the IAC sensor of the other MJ and put it in the one that I am having issues with.....

It turns over like 5 or 6 times, "chokes out" (for lack of better term) then repeats..... but never starts

All I did was clean the throttle body and IAC sensor :dunno:

What did you clean the TB with and was it still bolted to the truck when you did it or did you remove it when you cleaned it. Stupid question but I've done this before. Did you plug the TPS and the IAC back in? Is the hose to the MAP sensor connected well to the TB? In your futzing around did you accidently disconnect something? I've done that before too. Check all your vaccum lines. Go over everything real well to see if you bopped something with your elbow you shouldn't have.

Tip....Do it in broad daylight and when your not drinking. Believe me I know.

Looks like everything is connected properly.... still no start. Cleaned the TB with TB cleaner in the can.... cleaned the IAC sensor w/ sensor cleaner..... I did leave the TPS in while cleaning the TB w/ TB cleaner, could doing that have messed something up??

FIXED IT....... It was getting VERY weak spark...... pulled the distributor cap and there was condensation.... I dried it up, cleaned the contacts with sandpaper and it fired right up... must have been a coincidence???? Thanks for all the help!!