Truck running like crap

trucks running like crap. holds gears till like 4000rpms, it won't stay alive it barely idles. gotta double foot it to drive and i can't get on the free way. I recently tried to clean the engine at the car wash, not a good idea. then i did a 2nd gear drop in my aw4. so the only thing i can think of is i got a relay wet or maybe the trans is finaly going. but that wouldnt make it idle bad. it throws a code 24 on the check engine light. Any ideas? please help....moving to hawaii dec 16 need to get this done.

That could do it.

The TPS doesn't like to get wet. I'm not sure what inputs the AW4 uses when deciding when to shift, but knowing that the TPS for the AW4 has extra contacts that are not used with the 5-speeds, I'm pretty certain that TPS input is used somehow. Unfortunately, if you'll pardon an unfortunate pun, I suspect that you "hosed" your TPS.

The TPS sends throttle position output signals to the ECU, then is outputed to the TCM in the HOs which determines shifting RPM points in the AW4. So again, do you have an HO TPS in your rig w. the 92 HO engine? There is an easy TPS test procedure using a multimeter, not always conclusive, but I think you should just replace it. I think you "hosed" it too. :D

Well it was the TPS, good call guys! But now either the battery is finaly dead or the alternator i got from autozone finaly took a dump. One problem to another this trip to cali is gonna be a blast........

As for the red comanche, i aint got no vids or dyno runs. It wasnt no 4.0L though, it had a chrysler small block i believe. ran 13.5 in the 1/4. I never got to talk to the guy, i thought i was gonna be the only comanche at Mopars At The Strip. and beat a 66' dodge truck with a 354 hemi that i helped build.

Well it was the TPS, good call guys! But now either the battery is finaly dead or the alternator i got from autozone finaly took a dump. One problem to another this trip to cali is gonna be a blast........

As for the red comanche, i aint got no vids or dyno runs. It wasnt no 4.0L though, it had a chrysler small block i believe. ran 13.5 in the 1/4. I never got to talk to the guy, i thought i was gonna be the only comanche at Mopars At The Strip. and beat a 66' dodge truck with a 354 hemi that i helped build.

IIRC, that red MJ is running an AMC 304 with 401 crank (331 cu inches)