old rusty

Figured I'd post this up here for anyone interested.

1989 longbed Pioneer

4.0 5 spd

3:55 gears

The good:

Spring over rear with 3 inch front coils

The bad:

Rusty bed and rockers

Very rusty cab corners and tailgate.

A couple more pics

Ready to work

don't think I'm gonna be selling anytime soon. I love this little truck. As a matter of fact I spent most of the weekend patching up the worst of the rust. I'm hoping to paint it sometime next summer if I get my other 2 paintjobs done.

spent my days off tryin to patch up some of the worst of the rust. Got the drivers side cab corner and rocker welded pu and primed.

cab corner before

new cab corner welded in and ground smooth. It still needs a little filler to be ready for paint but at least its solid again. I finished up the rocker next(wound up replacing about half of it). Its amazing how much quieter it is inside with the holes welded up. I started on the drivers bedside today...will try to post up the pics when I get it done.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got the death wobble under control so I figured Id get back to work on taking care of some rust.

I still have to bend up one small piece of the wheel lip but at least its whole again.

shot of the entire druvers side with no holes in it for the first time since Ive owned it.

here's a shot of the new bumper/hitch that my buddy fabbed up for me. Its a little bigger than I was looking for but he supplied the steel and dabbed it up for me for nothing so I can't complain.

That is a Tug technology mt12 tractor you see in the first pic. We use it here for a cargo tractor ( transporting freight from the dock to planeside) but I think the military does use them for tow tractors. And yes it does belong to Delta Airlines.