I feel stupid to ask but... HELP!!!!

xj_dummy

How do I upload an an avatar?

Do I have to upload from my machine or can I use photobucket? Upload from your machine:

What is a URL? Upload from a URL:

What is this asking me to do? Enter the URL of the location containing the image. The image will be copied to this site.

Link off What site? Link off-site:

And what is this asking me to do? Enter the URL of the location containing the avatar image you wish to link to.

Specify the width and height of the avatar, leave blank to attempt automatic verification. px X px

Local gallery: Display gallery

How do I upload an an avatar?

Do I have to upload from my machine or can I use photobucket? Upload from your machine:

What is a URL? Upload from a URL:

What is this asking me to do? Enter the URL of the location containing the image. The image will be copied to this site.

Link off What site? Link off-site:

And what is this asking me to do? Enter the URL of the location containing the avatar image you wish to link to.

Specify the width and height of the avatar, leave blank to attempt automatic verification. px X px

Local gallery: Display gallery

1) uploading from machine means you go to "my pictures" on your computer.

2) URL is when you would go to photobucket or picturetrail for your avatar.

3,4) I'm not sure what the diffrence is between this and #2

5) Maximum dimensions; width: 150 pixels, height: 100 pixels, file size: 24.41 KiB. thats the max dimensions you can use.

• 9 months later...

...5) Maximum dimensions; width: 150 pixels, height: 100 pixels, file size: 24.41 KiB. thats the max dimensions you can use.

how does someone decrease the size (24 KiB) and have the pic not look like crap? Spent the last hour on this...

yes i looked at previos posts about using the avatar but just can't figure it out. :hmm: