2.5L and an inertia ring

Has anyone ever run one? I'm thinking about it, since I'm going to have all my drivetrain swapped out come springtime. I've done some research and have heard only good things about running one with a 2.5 and AX5, and that they install with no to little work. I'm going to install a new flywheel anyways, so I figure it'd be the perfect time to add one. They're cheap too :-D

Thoughts, comments? Would it benefit, even though I don't play in the rocks? I've lugged my 2.5 a couple times in 4HI, especially stopping on steep hills....

Thanks,

Jeff

Inetira rings are awesome if you want your engine to be able to lug way down in the rpms. Mostly you see them for vehicles with extreme gearing. I run an auto so I don't have this problem.

I would do it if I had a stick, and did a lot of crawling.

Patrick

Inetira rings are awesome if you want your engine to be able to lug way down in the rpms. Mostly you see them for vehicles with extreme gearing. I run an auto so I don't have this problem.

I would do it if I had a stick, and did a lot of crawling.

Patrick

I wouldn't call it "extreme", but I'm planning 4.56's with the 2.5/AX5 come springtime :)

Jeff

It depends if you want to be able to lug around at 300 rpm or lower :shock: Also depends on what tyoe of wheeling you do... rock crawling it would be great for, but if you mostly use it to run sand dunes.. I think it would be a waste

Patrick

Don't really care for either. I prefer the general "trail" trails, covered with dirt and mud and rocks. Oh and Moab, I LOVED Moab. But I don't see myself getting out there more than once a year, if that. I wish I lived closer than 1500 miles. :(

Jeep on!

--Pete

Yup, same principal. The "ring" actually bolts to your existing flywheel. You just have to have the mounting holes machined into it (flywheel). Google up Tri County Gear and you'll see what it's all about.

The po' little 2.5 needs all the help it can get :)

Jeff