Radio Tray

I was browsing EBay yesterday and came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330286193183&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=

I had never seen one, and none of the Jeeps I have owned (or dismantled) have had one. I can see how it fastens and the need for it, as my after-market radio hangs out in space right now (secured by the four dash screws).

Does anyone here have one, or had one? and if so, did it actually help?

Thanks

Jake :cheers:

That is what holds the factory radio in place in the MJ. I had to figure out how to attach it to the new radio that I put in my truck a while back.

And............... :dunno:

I installed a marine radio that was basically the same size as the original, but with a CD player. I only had to "adjust" the screw holes in the tray a little to match up to holes in the radio...no big deal. :D

I installed a marine radio that was basically the same size as the original, but with a CD player. I only had to "adjust" the screw holes in the tray a little to match up to holes in the radio...no big deal. :D

Did the same when I installed a Mitsubishi CD player in the single DIN slot. Much more secure and factory looking than the aftermarket bracket adapters.

That is what holds the factory radio in place in the MJ. I had to figure out how to attach it to the new radio that I put in my truck a while back.

And............... :dunno:

You mean you didn't have to fire up the plasma cutter and then fab up some cross-torsional load limiting mounting straps? Sheez, that thing might fall out any day now. :yes: