Another Beer Thread...

SuperWade2

I tried, but was too damn lazy to find the other threads (and the Search leaves something to be desired since I still can't search on Thread Subject...but I digress)...

I enjoyed a sixer of this over the past week and wanted to see if anyone else had tried it...

Shock_Top_beer.82182805_std.jpg

I was kind of like Blue Moon a little bit with the slight "Orangey" taste, but I think a little lighter and I enjoyed it... was an Anheuser-Busch for what that's worth now a days...

YMMV

SW2

I've had Shock Top and agree that it's pretty good. Mine came with a gigantic orange slice in it so I didn't realize it had that taste already.

Oh, and if you check the "Topic titles only" box, it'll search the titles of posts.

I tried, but was too damn lazy to find the other threads (and the Search leaves something to be desired since I still can't search on Thread Subject...but I digress)...

I enjoyed a sixer of this over the past week and wanted to see if anyone else had tried it...

Shock_Top_beer.82182805_std.jpg

I was kind of like Blue Moon a little bit with the slight "Orangey" taste, but I think a little lighter and I enjoyed it... was an Anheuser-Busch for what that's worth now a days...

YMMV

SW2

I just tried it. Straight out of the bottle, I'm not real impressed, but I think it needs some Lime or Orange or something like that and it would be better. I think Orange sounds good with this for some reason. :brows: I'll get some and re-evaluate.

You know my answer... Its got freakin' fruit on the box for christ sakes!!!

It won't pass my lips.... :ack: :ack:

Keep lookin' and tastin', soon enough you will realize I speak the truth.

Beer is supposed to be dark, flavorful and served in a frosted glass with a good head on it.

Things to remember: If it looks like piss, it will likely taste like it. Fruit in beer is fine, if you squat to pee. :eek:

CW

I'll shock the nutz off you all......I actually bought and consumed a 6-pak of O'douls Amber yesterday

It was good....

it wasn't real beer, but it was good nonetheless

I'm gonna cut it in on a 1:6 ratio with regular beer (any more than that, and I've got a whole methane factory going on down south)

HA!

:cheers:

Jeff

OK...the orange made a big difference. It's actually doable that way :cheers: :D

Sipping on one now... It's no BL Lime of course, but I still like it... I don't mind it right out of the bottle myself, and I'm only normally so-so on many Wheat beers...

You know my answer... Its got freakin' fruit on the box for christ sakes!!!

Fruit in beer is fine, if you squat to pee. :eek: CW

I'm with you CW. I put a new (to me) 1997 power steering pump and bracket assembly on today (to go with the 1999 intake) and threw out the old back towards the end. So to save wear and tear I'm occasionally squatting tonight, but still sucking my favorite pain killer, Miller HL. Even a self-respecting squatters (we all have to do it sometimes :eek: ) shouldn't drink no beer w. dayem fruit or vegatables or other junk in it. :cheers:

This stuff taste like a$$... I had some like 10 years ago, and I was already pretty buzzed and couldn't drink very much!

296798134_76a9778bd7.jpg

:eek: Is that a pepper in that beer... :hmm: I love hot peppers, but I don't think it is a good thing for it to be in the beer :ack:

This stuff taste like a$$... I had some like 10 years ago, and I was already pretty buzzed and couldn't drink very much!

296798134_76a9778bd7.jpg

:eek: Is that a pepper in that beer... :hmm: I love hot peppers, but I don't think it is a good thing for it to be in the beer :ack:

YES... The Pepper was bottled with the beer... so every sip of thing tasted like you were drinking through a Jalapeno straw... and I like Jalapeno... JUST WRONG!!!

296798134_76a9778bd7.jpg

YES... The Pepper was bottled with the beer... so every sip of thing tasted like you were drinking through a Jalapeno straw... and I like Jalapeno... JUST WRONG!!!

That's not wrong. Wrong is drinking the entire beer and then eating the pepper.

The pepper was a little spicy but the consistency was what threw me off , it is the same as the wax fruit my Grandma had on her kitchen table.

I miss Grandma.

that beer is from Cave Creek az.. about.. 20 min's from my apt.

Rule 1.. Beer should not look the same going in.. as it comes out.

Rule 2.. Good Beer will NEVER EVER Start with BUD and end in Weiser.

Rule 3.. Banquet Beer.. is the cheap $#!& they only serve at your cousin's wedding and should not be drank daily

Rule 4.. Natty Ice is Hillbilly Beer.. Drink it.. and you'll feel like you slept with your sister the next day.

Good Beers are Dark.. Ambers.. or even the fabled Guinness Stout. (I have watched the certification Process for Guinness. Rather interesting) I have drank beer from places I have never been.. and places I never want to go. Some of the best stuff I have EVER tasted came from my buddies Kitchen.. It was so dark I couldn't see through it.. tasted like heaven and gave me a buzz half way through the pint. damn good beer.

Currently I enjoy the Kiltlifter from the Four Peaks Brewery. It's local.. When in tx.. I get a Ziegenbach.

As for other drinks.. 40 Creek Canadian Whiskey.. and Pendeltons. Both good stuff.