does anyone ever drive their manche like this?

My wife has wanted to build a truck like that for years now, but we just have never been able to do it. You definitely don't want to drive a truck in that manner if it's not prepared for it unless you don't intend on being able to bring it home.

Very cool vid... :D

OMG DUDE! Thats a trophy truck as in $150,000 worth of mods!, Just the Black Hawk shocks are well over $1000 each. Camburg or Carlie or posibly KORE might have an MJ suspension for around $4000 that would let you drive about 1/3 that speed not sure though. Cool vid .I want some reservoir shocks for my Ram .Check out www.jeepspeed.com

I'm getting set up to head for the Baja1000 next week (work pit crews). I'll be gone a week or more, and that's why my MJ is a work in progress being set up as a self-contained camping/tracking/mobile electronics vehicle.

A truck like that in the video bears only a superficial relationship to a stock rig, and the $150K estimate posted above could be less than 1/2 of the reality. Our TT ran about $450K just for the build (about 850bhp currently). And probably costs 30-50K to rebuild after each race (assuming we don't break anything serious :brows: ). We burn about $1K in fuel alone for a distance event.

Pure adrenaline!

if there is a kit for my manche to upgrade the stock leafs, shocks, and front linkages and stuff it will make a world of difference to me.

i've been looking at the irs on the tacoma that was a sema and i might wait for that to trickle down in 5 years. :drool:

There have been some pictures on here floating around (usually in the pub) of a blue Jeepspeed race MJ with the 2500 front end conversion. That truck averages 60+ mph out there in the dirt. He passes class 7 trucks all day long. Still has the straight beam in the front end, too. Might not be able to keep up exactly with the one in the video, but he'll give him a run for his money. :D

On occasion I have been known to take my old MJ and romp it like that, and the new 92 MJ I am building will definitely be out there doing the same. You'd be surprised how fast you can make these rigs...

i have an 89 bronco that i take to a place called mineral king in the kootneys, where they dump mine tailings and its like a giant beech with different areas of sand. i never realized that i was interested in driving like this but now I'm going to look for tracks or make some out of these places.